Pre-Order Thread

The-Meters-Struttin-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2651886_1024x1024.jpg

The-Meters-The-Meters-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2650156_1024x1024.jpg

The-Meters-Look-Ka-Py-Py-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2650155_1024x1024.jpg

If you buy all three you get $5 off each album.
Up at Jackpot too. $75 for the bundle. 💥💥 Cuts

Better looking variants too.

View attachment 179173

I had to bite on this bundle. These are pretty and I'm sure they're going to sound great too.

Boom boom?
i THINK these are kevin gray cuts unless he messed up the titles of stuff he was working on... he has said in various interviews that he was cutting some AAA stuff for jackpot and the meters.

and yes confirmed KG/AAA on the individual album pages at Jackpot:

• Cut from the Original Analog Master tapes by Kevin Gray.

$60 dollars for a 2XLP. Vinyl prices are so stupid.
That's not horrible compared to this album which is $68 before Shipping and is about $75 with the cheapest shipping option that's available.

$60 dollars for a 2XLP. Vinyl prices are so stupid.
Yeah, they rolled this out like a normal record - meaning, some limited variants, a bundle, a standard black - but they haven't changed the price points. Backwoodz did usually charge quite a bit for records, so the price won't be a big surprise to those who have purchased directly from Backwoodz before. The Haram 2LP a couple years back was $55 I believe for black vinyl. There are a lot of rap records that are more money, but also Backwoodz has been pretty elusive about quantity, and they rarely repress, so that creates more intense demand (perhaps influencing the higher price). I'm not saying this justifies the price, but they charged high prices, and the demand was there. But with this Fat Possum release I was hoping the elimination of the mystique factor of the "single unknown quantity pressing" would result in a lower price on the vinyl, but not the case. At minimum, it would be cool if the standard black vinyl wasn't $50

Yeah, they rolled this out like a normal record - meaning, some limited variants, a bundle, a standard black - but they haven't changed the price points. Backwoodz did usually charge quite a bit for records, so the price won't be a big surprise to those who have purchased directly from Backwoodz before. The Haram 2LP a couple years back was $55 I believe for black vinyl. There are a lot of rap records that are more money, but also Backwoodz has been pretty elusive about quantity, and they rarely repress, so that creates more intense demand (perhaps influencing the higher price). I'm not saying this justifies the price, but they charged high prices, and the demand was there. But with this Fat Possum release I was hoping the elimination of the mystique factor of the "single unknown quantity pressing" would result in a lower price on the vinyl, but not the case. At minimum, it would be cool if the standard black vinyl wasn't $50

Yeah, this is barely a bump in price for Backwoodz at all. I'm pretty sure Brass (billy woods & Moor Mother's collaborative album) was $50 for a single LP upon release, which I absolutely regret balking on at the time because they're going for $100+ now!

Back