Pre-Order Thread

That "The Dear Hunter" band has to have one of the lamest band names around and every time I see it it physically makes me cringe, it's so f'n corny. Not to mention there was ALREADY a well established band that completely rips with essentially the same name without the cheeseball. GRRRR #TeamBradford
To be totally fair, I’m almost certain The Dear Hunter would have known nothing about Deerhunter at the time they formed. Deerhunter supposedly formed in 2001 but didn’t release anything until 05 and not Cryptograms until 07. The Dear Hunter formed in 2005. Still a crappy name. I actually saw them open for Coheed a handful of years ago but they didn’t impress me much and nothing really stood out to me in their set.

Numero Group once again keeping my wallet empty with their Emo catalog

I’m holding out for this:

they already did this one on vinyl:
MzctMTg5MC5qcGVn.jpeg

I just recently started collecting cassette tapes. Where is the best place to see what albums will be releasing on tape, and where is the best place to buy them?

I just recently started collecting cassette tapes. Where is the best place to see what albums will be releasing on tape, and where is the best place to buy them?
I'd say bandcamp is a good starting point. Any act that sells through bandcamp will have their cassettes there if that's an option for their music.

Just followed the link in the post right above yours and there's a cassette for sale. (Well, technically it's sold-out, but you can see that it was available on bandcamp.)

Most new cassettes I have were purchased from labels directly, from live show merch tables or off of Bandcamp. Bandcamp is nice since you usually get a digital copy too. I am not aware of an online retailer the specializes in tapes but it wouldn’t surprise me if they exist.

Most new cassettes I have were purchased from labels directly, from live show merch tables or off of Bandcamp. Bandcamp is nice since you usually get a digital copy too. I am not aware of an online retailer the specializes in tapes but it wouldn’t surprise me if they exist.

Have you not heard of Cassette Me, Please? 😉

Back