Pre-Order Thread

!!!

!!!

I grabbed one. I also somehow missed that they released a 2LP live set, so I grabbed that too.

Weezer & No Doubt with Ednaswap (whose song "Torn" propelled Natalie Imbruglia to radio overplay) opening 26 years ago for me.
My first show was The Vienna Boys Choir.

First popular music show was Lock Up opening for Sea Hag at the Thunderbird in Jacksonville. Me and a buddy and two girls had to convince some marine to buy us tickets because it was not an all ages show.

Preorders are starting to appear for the 20th Anniversary gold press of Mew's album Frengers. This is a Music on Vinyl edition of /1000, so as a euro based enterprise this will be more expensive in US given it's "import" status. This is one of my all time favorite albums.

Here's Bullmoose link, but I've also seen it on Amazon and Best Buy.

Preorders are starting to appear for the 20th Anniversary gold press of Mew's album Frengers. This is a Music on Vinyl edition of /1000, so as a euro based enterprise this will be more expensive in US given it's "import" status. This is one of my all time favorite albums.

Here's Bullmoose link, but I've also seen it on Amazon and Best Buy.

Love this album. My local store said they should be able to get this in for me (in the US) so hopefully they come through. I have the pink SRC Pressing from way back but it doesn't sound very good. I have high hopes for MOV on this one.

That opening of "Am I Wry?" is one of the greatest all time album openers.

International Anthem is trying something new, and offering an advance vinyl bundle of their next 6 releases (all shipped at once, in September) at a discount. The titles have not yet been announced, but they have indicated that you would receive #1 & #2 after street date, #3 & #4 close to street date, and #5 & #6 before street date. Interesting approach. I do end up buying the majority of their releases, though I spring for the limited versions more often than not...so likely passing here.

They have the bundle with the limited pressings too.

First release included in the bundle was announced yesterday :

Love this album. My local store said they should be able to get this in for me (in the US) so hopefully they come through. I have the pink SRC Pressing from way back but it doesn't sound very good. I have high hopes for MOV on this one.

I just emailed my local, good call.

I completely agree on the opening of "Am I Wry?" being one of the greatest all time openers. And for the perfect bookend, "Comforting Sounds" is one of the best album closers ever.

Mew album is also available on deepdiscount. That's usually the first place I check for MOV. Free Shipping and there's usually a discount code going.

Awesome. If you know a discount code, let me know.

Same on all counts. I have the SRC version which is capital-f Fine, but MOV did a good job on No More Stories and Glass-Handed Kites, so I’m down to double-dip.

I just emailed my local, good call.

I completely agree on the opening of "Am I Wry?" being one of the greatest all time openers. And for the perfect bookend, "Comforting Sounds" is one of the best album closers ever.

Awesome. If you know a discount code, let me know.
I had it ordered with the code PLUNGE for 10% off. I canceled and decided to get it from my local for a few bucks more
Same on all counts. I have the SRC version which is capital-f Fine, but MOV did a good job on No More Stories and Glass-Handed Kites, so I’m down to double-dip.
I remember my SRC vinyl sounding super compressed. No major service noise, just not very detailed.

Really good video game soundtrack
The GOAT video game soundtrack. I have the piano version of this but I kind of wished I got the standard version instead.

Back