Pre-Order Thread

In addition to every Molina version of Farewell Transmission, Glen Hansard's cover of Farewell Transmission is also pretty great.
In fact, the EP of Molina's songs he did is worth a listen too.

Indie rock’s “it couple” Kevin Morby and Waxahatchee did a RSD 7” of a couple Magnolia Electric Co. songs while I still prefer Molina I love Katie Crutchfield’s vocals.

I was going to post this one too. It's pretty well done.
Speaking of Magnolia Electric Co. RSD 7” releases You ever hear a song that bums you out because its sooooo beautiful but way too short? Magnolia Electric Co. has one of those too.

It’s between This and Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy’s “Raining In Darling” for the title.

I don't know if there are any other die hard Hayden fans around here, but I'm really excited for this one. It's also available as a premium LP for $36 and it comes with a signed lyric sheet, etc, limited to 500...
View attachment 168336
I'm so glad this got announced. Hayden is incredibly underrated. I own pretty much everything he's done on vinyl (minus some early singles), and I was surprised to see how hard it is to find his earlier work.

If you like Neil Young, Elliott Smith, Jackson C. Frank do not sleep on this (or anything else he has done, Skyscraper National Park and Everything I Long For have long cemented him as one of the best)

I'm so glad this got announced. Hayden is incredibly underrated. I own pretty much everything he's done on vinyl (minus some early singles), and I was surprised to see how hard it is to find his earlier work.

If you like Neil Young, Elliott Smith, Jackson C. Frank do not sleep on this (or anything else he has done, Skyscraper National Park and Everything I Long For have long cemented him as one of the best)
I'm jealous! I got in to him during the CD days and by the time I tried to find them on vinyl they were $$$. I hope a repress will happen one day. Such a powerful songwriter with a depth to his voice that not many in that genre possess.

I'm jealous! I got in to him during the CD days and by the time I tried to find them on vinyl they were $$$. I hope a repress will happen one day. Such a powerful songwriter with a depth to his voice that not many in that genre possess.
I know he has done reissues of his first three LPs (Everything I Long For, The Closer I get, and Skyscraper National park), they were done really well but sold out quickly. I have OGs of them all (minus The Closer I get which never saw a vinyl release until the reissue "series"). I wouldn't be surprised if we get a reissue of Elk-Lake Serenade soon. I don't know though if the pervious 3 will be reissued again any time soon. Pretty sure he did all the reissues all himself, and he did not skimp out on the quality.

The lesson I've learned with Hayden, don't wait, he may not be a big deal in the USA but he has a cult following here, and obviously does pretty well in Canada. He is playing Massey Hall in May and it's super tempting to fly out for that show. it won't disappoint, especially the shows he's done recently just by looking at the set lists.

I think the only thing of his that has not come out on vinyl is the live record he did, which has a killer cover of Neil Young's "Tell Me Why" Also would not be surprised if that finally gets issued on vinyl (could be a good RSD title for Canadians)

I know he has done reissues of his first three LPs (Everything I Long For, The Closer I get, and Skyscraper National park), they were done really well but sold out quickly. I have OGs of them all (minus The Closer I get which never saw a vinyl release until the reissue "series"). I wouldn't be surprised if we get a reissue of Elk-Lake Serenade soon. I don't know though if the pervious 3 will be reissued again any time soon. Pretty sure he did all the reissues all himself, and he did not skimp out on the quality.

The lesson I've learned with Hayden, don't wait, he may not be a big deal in the USA but he has a cult following here, and obviously does pretty well in Canada. He is playing Massey Hall in May and it's super tempting to fly out for that show. it won't disappoint, especially the shows he's done recently just by looking at the set lists.

I think the only thing of his that has not come out on vinyl is the live record he did, which has a killer cover of Neil Young's "Tell Me Why" Also would not be surprised if that finally gets issued on vinyl (could be a good RSD title for Canadians)
I have OGs of Everything I Long For and Skyscraper National Park, but I completely missed out on that reissue of The Closer I Get that came out nearly 10 years ago now. I think that was limited to something like 300 copies. I was really bummed because a friend gave me a copy of that CD back in '98, and that's what got me into him. What's funny to me now is that I'm pretty sure that friend discovered Hayden late at night on MTV.

Ooooohhh….
Hmmmmmm......12 shipping, plus 5 taxes, brings the 2 LPs to 86. Still tempting.......is there ever a point they hit free shipping?

also, I have this on vinyl and it's a real treat, if anyone is into old timey cuban jams, you can't really miss with Cachao....

(although uh, amazon has the same 5CD set for $36 vs craft's 60
Amazon product ASIN B07FDTF4DG )

apd_magnoliaelectricco_sojourn11_square.jpeg

I decided to buy this, really excited to dive in further. Plus I'll add some other Molina works onto my Apple Music playlist.

Back