Pre-Order Thread

1567612004338.png

I dig the artwork. I can't wait to hear the new mixes!

I hate that they never release all the deeper material on vinyl, but I'm still anxious to hear what they've unearthed for the CD version.
From SDE: “The 25th anniversary edition features the remastered original mix on CD 1, followed by a disc of 15 previously unreleased demos, with names like ‘Rocker With Vocal’ or ‘Mike’s Gtr’. The third CD is Scott Litt’s new 2019 stereo remix and this is followed by two further CDs that offer an unreleased live set from the 1995 Monster Tour. In terms of the new stereo mix, the idea was to pull the guitars back and push the vocals forward to create a more open sound and showcase the lyrics.”

The BluRay is a hi res audio, a Dolby 5.1 mix, the “Road Movie” video, and a handful of music videos.

Fuck, yes.

raincoats_anniversary_VF.jpg

Hi-Fi will always be special to me because of the particular time & place in my life when it came about (Monster will too for that matter, to a lesser extent), but at this point it's every REM fan's favorite REM record and I'm now convinced that Monster is criminally underrated.

New Adventures In Hi-Fi grew to be my favorite REM album. Radio didn't know what to do with the lead single (I worked at an alt rock station at the time and they dreaded playing it) and its whole deal was being understated in tone, visuals and most of the song intros. Leave is one of my favorite songs ever and Be Mine is one of their best love songs. Spread the Hi-Fi love! (I also just found a cheap, great copy at a record store a couple weeks ago, so I'm pretty high on the album right now.)

New Adventures In Hi-Fi grew to be my favorite REM album. Radio didn't know what to do with the lead single (I worked at an alt rock station at the time and they dreaded playing it) and its whole deal was being understated in tone, visuals and most of the song intros. Leave is one of my favorite songs ever and Be Mine is one of their best love songs. Spread the Hi-Fi love! (I also just found a cheap, great copy at a record store a couple weeks ago, so I'm pretty high on the album right now.)
Dang. Cheap? I hope they reissue it soon. Closest to cheap I got was a $75 copy that someone bought out from under me.

Dang. Cheap? I hope they reissue it soon. Closest to cheap I got was a $75 copy that someone bought out from under me.

About two years ago, I passed on like 4 copies that went up to $60-70 dollars on eBay. The next 5-6 copies, over the next 2 months, sold for $120+. Lol. I got a 'deal' by snagging a $110 copy.

Clementine will remember this.......

Hold up on getting those Halloween Soundtracks Sacred Bones is selling this one on their site!

It's too bad Newbury has far and away the best variant and is the place I want to buy from the least haha.. The sacredbones public release is gid so I wouldn't touch that and then the Bullmoose one looks completely out of place imo.

The standard release looks solid though which is 1 orange / 1 black record and is going to be 7500 deep.. They all have the lenticular cover so the standard will probably get pretty cheap eventually while people go batshit over the more limited releases.

View attachment 16187

WWWHHHAAAAAHAHAHAHHA?!?!

It's pricey though... Almost 100 bucks. Worth it but dang I don't have that kind of scratch at the moment... I hope it's too niche to sell out soon. Only 500 copies are being made

Last edited:
Back