Pre-Order Thread

$70 shipped lol

@folsom_lives

View attachment 150809

$200 + shipping for a 6xLP box, that have like 3 songs per some of the sides.

The 3xCD set will be like $25 according to sites.

Realllyyyy giving me pause on why I need these continued slabs of wax.

But HHV has it quite a bit cheaper for those of you who need it:

$200 + shipping for a 6xLP box, that have like 3 songs per some of the sides.

The 3xCD set will be like $25 according to sites.

Realllyyyy giving me pause on why I need these continued slabs of wax.

But HHV has it quite a bit cheaper for those of you who need it:

that is the price that my local has it listed for as well, so better check your local stores than the pj harvey site

$70 shipped lol
Did it sell out already? Or crash? Nothing is coming up for me?

Charles Mingus
A Modern Jazz Symposium Of Music And Poetry
[Deluxe Double LP]
  • Mastered and lacquers cut from the original analog tape transfers by Kevin Gray
  • Expanded Double LP edition featuring four rare bonus tracks
  • Printed & Pressed at Pallas on 180 gram vinyl and housed in a deluxe gatefold reverse-board jacket
  • Featuring rare photographs and words from original pianist Bob Hammer
  • Officially licensed from Bethlehem / BMG and approved by the Charles Mingus estate
1957, a mammoth year for Mingus, he was on fire - recording sessions for several seminal albums including The Clown, Mingus Three, Tijuana Moods, East Coasting and A Modern Jazz Symposium Of Music And Poetry.

Now, with the support of the Charles Mingus Estate, we are proud to present for the first time, the most expansive LP edition of A Modern Jazz Symposium Of Music And Poetry to date. A wonderful set featuring an all star band alternating throughout of Jimmy Knepper (trombone), Shafi Hadi (tenor and alto sax), Bill Hardman and Clarence Shaw (trumpet), Dannie Richmond (drums), Horace Parlan and Bob Hammer (piano), with narration by the fabulous Mel Stewart.
This is the ultimate edition, including all available outtakes and material related to the session, the recordings have been remastered from the original tape transfers and lacquers cut by Kevin Gray, housed in a gatefold sleeve on reverse-board finish and printed by Pallas.
A stunning album which is sometimes overlooked from the vast Mingus catalogue, however it emanates from one of his most creative periods and today stands out as a sublime conceptual recording.

Side A:
1. Scenes In The City (11:20)
2. Nouroog (5:03)
Side B:
1. New York Sketchbook (8:30)
2. Duke’s Choice (6:25)
3. Slippers (3:28)
Side C:
1. Slippers (Alternate Version) (3:52)
2. Woody ’n’ You (8:45)
Side D:
1. Bounce (9:23)
2. Scenes In The City (Single Edit) (3:20)
Out 28th October, 2022

Get your Ska fix right here

Back