Pre-Order Thread

1655220605046.png

1655220611988.png

1655220619559.png

This is really fun.

Ginger Root - City Slicker EP

And one more rad thing for all the folks that like surf rock. I think this is technically a repress:

Fuzziyama Surfers - Wild Echizen

There was a time when The Beatles took over the world, and during that time, The Ventures were even bigger than the Beatles, in Japan! (At least that is what I've read and I'm going to go ahead and believe it!). Clearly, the influence of the Ventures has survived all these decades: Debut album from Japan’s Fuzziyama Surfers! If you worship at the altars of circa 1963, put no gods above them. The sounds of summer, The Ventures, warm tube amps, the sounds of those themes of the Twilight Zone, Batman, and James Bond and the bubbling exotica sounds of really cool organs. It's all here! Available in 3 Different Vinyl Color Variants!

Tried to get the restock for the Brandi Carlile and kept getting a paypal error that it didn't ship to my address. FML.

1655224916487.png

chastity brown - sing to the walls

lots of signed options/bundles

this song was released a couple years ago, and may be different on the album, i'm not sure:

It seems like only yesterday but it was 2011 when Nikki Finney was accepting her National Book Awaard for her book “Head Off & Slit”. In her speech she said something that got to my core. She said, “One of the things I always thought about when I was very, very young and dreaming of being a poet was, 'Is it possible to write something absolutely beautiful about something absolutely heartbreaking or absolutely difficult or painful?'"

In that regard, This song feels to me one of my many attempts to say the difficult things beautifully. I began writing the tune a few weeks back before George Floyd’s life was taken. So the wind was about, so to speak. Amid this Uprising with smoke looming in the air over this whole city miles away my sweet and talented nephew was on his way home in Harlem and was beat up by the police.

My breaking point, my boiling over.

This collective trauma that black, indigenous, immigrant, and queer/trans folk feel is real. It’s every god damn day. Yet, we still thrive and flourish in our natural beauty, we still have swag and songs for days. We still have wild and wondrous imaginations like we are all the children of Octavia [Butler].

I went into my garage studio on June 2nd at noon and came out at 8pm having written and recorded the entire song on my iPad. It felt electric. It felt like a griot was singing the whole tune in my ear. And I was just trying to keep up. This is for me, my people, and the UPRISING to defund police here in Minneapolis and thereby set a new standard for how communities want to be protected.

everything else looks new. looks like brady blade drums and/or produces on this, so that's cool, too.

@AndySlash Evangelize a little harder please. I missed this when you posted, but she rotated through a Spotify playlist for me in the car this morning, and wow.

1655226949389.png

On the Brandi, I got indecisive and overzealous and ordered one of each. If they both come in safe I’d be happy to get one of them to someone here at cost. I’d prefer to wait until they get here so I don’t promise something I don’t get.

If there’s multiple people interested I’d probably just spin a wheel to keep it fair.

Last edited:
On the Brandi, I got indecisive and overzealous and ordered one of each. If they both come in safe I’d be happy to get it one of them to someone here at cost. I’d prefer to wait until they get here so I don’t promise something I don’t get.

If there’s multiple people interested I’d probably just spin a wheel to keep it fair.

I could have got one this morning had their stupid paypal worked. They were available this morning at 11 but it kept saying it doesn't ship to my address. Judging by their Instagram, I was apparently not the only one.

I could have got one this morning had their stupid paypal worked. They were available this morning at 11 but it kept saying it doesn't ship to my address. Judging by their Instagram, I was apparently not the only one.

I am wondering if they fussed with it to stop international orders and messed up something bigger. That stinks.

Also…a total of 1k when people could order up to four per person? What’s the allergy to larger print runs here.

Dry Cleaning, with the album cover of the year
View attachment 142427
That's not a good album cover.

Edit: I didn't realize you had commented on the cover in your post. I was too distracted by the cover itself.

Last edited:
Was this not posted here yet?

New Preoccupations!

I may wait to see if I like the whole album before pulling the trigger. With the utmost respect to them, they are not a huge band so if I wanted the limited/colored vinyl later on, I could probably still get it easily.

Back