Pre-Order Thread

Assuming this one?

I don't entirely recall, but I think most of the tracks on that were taken from the other two releases. Not 100% sure if he re-recorded them for the US release of Strange and Beautiful or if he used the masters from his older releases.
Yeah. I definitely didn't know that about that album.

Assuming this one?

I don't entirely recall, but I think most of the tracks on that were taken from the other two releases. Not 100% sure if he re-recorded them for the US release of Strange and Beautiful or if he used the masters from his older releases.

Apparently it may just be a personal bias. I thought Strange and Beautiful. But today I learned that it's actually a US compilation of songs from these 2 albums. So I know nothing anymore.
Haha yep, that was my confusion, since they both have Brighter Than Sunshine. This is what we’re here for, we’re learning things and get to pass them on to the next generation. My 1 year old daughter will be ecstatic when I notify her of this news.

Haha yep, that was my confusion, since they both have Brighter Than Sunshine. This is what we’re here for, we’re learning things and get to pass them on to the next generation. My 1 year old daughter will be ecstatic when I notify her of this news.
I forgot in the mid 2000's UK bands had a habit of giving the US lesser products or an album 3 months after it was released.

Apparently it may just be a personal bias. I thought Strange and Beautiful. But today I learned that it's actually a US compilation of songs from these 2 albums. So I know nothing anymore.
haha. Yea I think what happened was he released those two albums in the UK (which is probably why I have only seen UK preorders so far for it...) then he got really popular and signed to Columbia and released Strange and Beautiful as a comp from those albums (i think...) As I said above, not 100% sure if they reworked tracks or just used the versions already recorded.

I absolutely loved that album in high school, mostly because the girl I had a crush on shared that album with me. She also introduced me to Jens Lekman and Belle and Sebastian.

I have etched this information onto a stone tablet for our children and our children's children to learn from.

haha. Yea I think what happened was he released those two albums in the UK (which is probably why I have only seen UK preorders so far for it...) then he got really popular and signed to Columbia and released Strange and Beautiful as a comp from those albums (i think...) As I said above, not 100% sure if they reworked tracks or just used the versions already recorded.

I absolutely loved that album in high school, mostly because the girl I had a crush on shared that album with me. She also introduced me to Jens Lekman and Belle and Sebastian.
So Strange & Beautiful is basically the equivalent of a Beatles US album.

awesome! Love that popeye song haha.

looks like a limited to 300 green vinyl release on bandcamp/psychic hotline site.

1654787877422.png

1654789631319.png

1654789708071.png

Back