Pre-Order Thread

Lucky. I’ve been actively trying to get one for a few years that isn’t orange or a generic variant. Would love to see yours!
NOFX is solely responsible for me buying my first turntable. when I got a flyer from some order I made at FAT or maybe Epitaph decades ago and saw there were NOFX songs/EPs that I could only get on 7", well then I needed a turntable.

that said I didn't know about HOFX at all. my little brother got me copy, I'm sure now more than 20 years ago, for my birthday. not sure if he grabbed it from a record store or bought it second hand, but this would have been before it's value jumped, so either way I'm sure he didn't pay much for it.

ok, that's my little story of how NOFX started my love of vinyl.

this was also the first splatter I had ever seen in my life... it blew my fucking mind when I first saw it. it's also blown my mind revisiting their catalog on vinyl, since I originally had all their albums on CD, how they have different versions of songs on the vinyl vs CD (ie: Murder The Government), it's just such a cool idea.

I've seen some posts on Instagram where people have a bunch of these in their collection and it's pretty cool how varied the HOFX records are from each other....

damn. maybe I should buy the 10" as well.. ha ha

PXL_20220324_122354067.jpg

Last edited:

Forgoing the heavy fuzz electric for a reflective acoustic 7" Comes to about $20 shipped to US.

"13th Floor Elevators and Roky Erickson have always been a big inspiration for Uffe Lorenzen and all the bands he has been involved in. Be it Baby Woodrose, Spids Nøgenhat, Dragontears or On Trial. So when Roky died back in May 2019 Uffe Lorenzen decided to pay homage to the legendary psych rocker and record one of his songs.

Uffe Lorenzen was looking for a simple, stripped down and naked sound and found a perfect match in an old Brenell 8-track tape machine from the 70s to record If You Have Ghosts on. To obtain a real dry sound he played on an old guitar from the 70s that had been found in a barn. The guitar strings had not been changed for 10 years which gave everything a special feel.

The recording was done with no editing and the vocal part was recorded in one take. Thanks to tape operator and producer Palle Demant the result is quite breathtaking and unique. Hopefully Roky Erickson will be listening upstairs with a smile on his face.

B-side is a Dead Moon cover and a duet with Trine Trash.
releases April 29, 2022"

Is this a new pressing? I've thought about buying this album a few times but existing pressings seem to be notoriously bad.

1648132691052.png

1648132745705.png

View attachment 133305

View attachment 133306

Dang, this looks rad but $50????

Dang, this looks rad but $50????

But it does have the certificate of authenticity.

Limited to 1,000 copies and includes a certificate of authenticity signed by Ant & Slug. The limited vinyl variant packaging includes 12” matte UV gatefold jacket, black dust sleeves, 2-color red & brown side A/B effect double vinyl and a free digital download card.

Chrono Cross has some of the best video game music ever made in my opinion. I'm very excited about this!

I swore I wasn't going to get into video game music...

Do we know if it's for sale yet? I'm seeing a store link and pricing but not a purchase button

Classic Robin Trower sound......

View attachment 133305

View attachment 133306

I already own the EPs, and this was still an immediate grab.

Is this a new pressing? I've thought about buying this album a few times but existing pressings seem to be notoriously bad.

Wow. Just went on to discogs to have a look at which pressing I had from a few years back, as I remember it sounding pretty great. Completely shocked to see how much it is being sold for and at the completely conflicting comments. Seems to be a lot of people very happy and also a lot of hate, I suspect there are a bunch of different pressings on the same listing. Someone mentions a 2020 MPO pressing, not sure why under a 2014 listing. Looks like there a few listings & it will be very hit & miss getting a decent copy.

I swore I wasn't going to get into video game music...

Do we know if it's for sale yet? I'm seeing a store link and pricing but not a purchase button
Only says available June 22nd and I checked the Squaresoft store and it wasn't listed yet.

Back