Pre-Order Thread

Crud it sold out already. Oh well hopefully these tracks will be on their new full length whenever that drops.

@Rip_City Not sure how this version is different from the other but here's the description:

On the deluxe edition of her breakthrough album, Arooj Aftab’s remarkable voice, backed by a team of renowned musicians, transports listeners to worlds once known. Intimate compositions unveil mystical passage into Aftab’s emotionally gripping symphonic world - vast with colorful sounds and transcendent of genre.

1647619675253.png

@Rip_City Not sure how this version is different from the other but here's the description:

On the deluxe edition of her breakthrough album, Arooj Aftab’s remarkable voice, backed by a team of renowned musicians, transports listeners to worlds once known. Intimate compositions unveil mystical passage into Aftab’s emotionally gripping symphonic world - vast with colorful sounds and transcendent of genre.
It appears this 2xLP deluxe edition differs by including "Suroor" and an additional track on side D. With three of the four sides here being under 15min, I'm hoping that it would also be 45RPM cut.

"Suroor" was my least favorite cut on this album to begin with, so I will stick with the one I have. I appreciate you tagging me, @nolalady!

View attachment 132741

Thank you!!! Have wanted this since we saw them at Fred Fest in Arrington last August!!!

A friend of mine, apparently, ran into Nick Lachey somewhere in Tacoma, years ago, and wound up hanging out with him. He said that he was surprised that he actually turned out to be pretty cool and had a good sense of humor. He kept calling him "Negligee" and he, actually, thought it was funny.

You sound like a Better Than Jake fan
What we really need is to uncover the transitive relationship. Because if, say, Ezra is better than Jake or vice versa then we know who is opening for whom if they ever tour together.

Edit: although thinking about it more, "better" is not definitive like "greater" as in magnitude or quantity. So, really, you could say you're better than Jake. And Ezra may in fact be better than Jake but it doesn't preclude you from also being better than Ezra even though you only said you were better than Jake. Maybe Jake was your high school bully and now that you've made it you really want to big time him. Shit...this is going to be a headache for their tour manager. I'm gonna have to whiteboard this.

Double edit shit!!! I forgot the relationship for Jake is actually LESS! All my time and work, all my calculations...in the wind! Alright I'm gonna pull strings with some wrinkle brain contacts I have at NASA. They should be able to help with the Apollo 13-level mess this quagmire has become. I'll keep this as a splash page for my findings. Keep checking in regularly. I swear I will not let N&G down and this will be resolved! Huzzah!

Okay people, things have taken a turn. I received a cryptic email from a burner account that just said "STOP". Shortly after my main wrinkle brain (WB, henceforth) contact at NASA told me I was asking dangerous questions. WB said, "Ezra, Jake...it's like they're protected but also don't even officially exist." WB told me it goes deep. Bilderberg deep. Soros, Rothschild, the Clintons, Bono...none of them even really know who is better or less than. And THEY'RE probably too scared to ask. I think I may need to go underground. There is a collective of North K-Pop hacktivists who may be able to help me. But, to find out who is Better than Ezra or Less than Jake, I'm going to have to become Less than Zero. Tell the world about me. Don't let my diaper soil in vain.

Last edited:
A friend of mine, apparently, ran into Nick Lachey somewhere in Tacoma, years ago, and wound up hanging out with him. He said that he was surprised that he actually turned out to be pretty cool and had a good sense of humor. He kept calling him "Negligee" and he, actually, thought it was funny.

I think he used to be an owner of the Tacoma Rainiers

1647632539177.png

PREORDERS FOR LOCAL PICK-UP & EVENT ATTENDANCE:

On Friday, April 1st at 1:00 PM, Christian Lee Hutson will perform a short set and sign records at Grimey’s. If you live in or around Nashville and wish to attend our in-person event, please select our local pickup option and we’ll reserve a signing wristband for you. If you live OUTSIDE OF TN BUT PLAN TO ATTEND our in-person event, please use the store address for your shipping address:

GRIMEY’S: 1060 EAST TRINITY LANE, NASHVILLE, TN 37216

Local preorders will be available for pickup starting at 11:00 AM on Friday, 4/1. Our event with Hutson will begin promptly at 1:00 PM. If you are interested in attending our event, please check out the event info we have posted here. Wristbands are required for this artist signing and are available at Grimey’s in advance and on April 1st.

PREORDERS FOR SHIPPING:

Preorders for signed copies of Quitters will begin shipping out from Grimey’s starting the week of April 5th. Please note that this is after the April 1st release date.

Back