Pre-Order Thread

lmao
4jddUjl.png
Q: Why pay $25 for the album with it’s OG iconic artwork…
3B00F7F0-279A-419F-B584-86ACB2336F16.jpeg
… when you could literally pay 100 times more for some “One of a kind” artwork that you could recreate with a with a sharpie and a ruler?

A: Gucci Packaging.

Last edited:
View attachment 126020
… when you could literally pay 100 times more for some “One of a kind” artwork that you could recreate with a with a sharpie and a ruler?

You'd also need at MINIMUM 50 cents worth of linen (not to mention the few valuable minutes it might take you to also custom dye it!) along with that ruler and sharpie 😉 .. That's a good $2-3 right there alone.

View attachment 126020

The record buying public is comprised of a very high percentage of dumb bastards. That's why this exists.

View attachment 125935
Pip pip Cherrio good man, I have discerning tastes for only the finer things in life. Here’s my $2,500, Now good sir could you be a Gent and load all these fancy vinyls carefully into the back of my Geo Metro hatchback? Please be mindful of the Picasso and Chigall paintings and the crates of Beluga Caviar and Grey Poupon . Tah-Tah and Good Day to you Mr. Iovine.

Meanwhile, I shared this with a friend who you could call the grammar police. He didn't see anything wrong with this. When I pointed out the plural is "vinyl" I was told I was incorrect. According to Oxford English Dictionary, "vinyls" is correct. When used as a noun, the plural of vinyl is "vinyls". Given that the Oxford dictionary lists lists "Also, a record. colloquial." under the use as a noun, "vinyls" would be correct for referring to records.

The use of "vinyl" when an adjective, as in referring to the particular resin / plastic itself is the only use case where not having the s would be correct when used as plural.

That said, if you include "records" after the word vinyl, then vinyl would be an adjective and would not be correct as "vinyls". But without the word "records" after it "vinyls" is correct as it's a noun.

lol

Of course said person does not collect vinyl records.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, I shared this with a friend who you could call the grammar police. He didn't see anything wrong with this. When I pointed out the plural is "vinyl" I was told I was incorrect. According to Oxford English Dictionary, "vinyls" is correct. When used as a noun, the plural of vinyl is "vinyls". Given that the Oxford dictionary lists lists "Also, a record. colloquial." under the use as a noun, "vinyls" would be correct for referring to records.

The use of "vinyl" when an adjective, as in referring to the particular resin / plastic itself is the only use case where not having the s would be correct when used as plural.

That said, if you include "records" after the word vinyl, then vinyl would be an adjective and would not be correct as "vinyls". But without the word "records" after it "vinyls" is correct as it's a noun.

lol

Of course said person does not collect vinyl records.
Vinyl can be a noun, sure, but it’s not a noun that inherently refers to a discrete unit like an LP. It’s a material, like leather. One can own multiple leather jackets, or “a bunch of leather,” but you wouldn’t normally say that person has a big collection of leathers.

Now if you went to an auto factory floor and they said “In this room we manufacture a variety of seat vinyls and next door is where we stitch leathers for steering wheels,” that would be fine, because in that case you’re pluralizing the word to indicate differences in the material itself.

Language is always evolving and gatekeeping is dumb, but IMO the reason people disagree over this is oversimplified by focusing on whether “vinyls” is even a word. Just because it’s a word doesn’t mean it’s applicable in all instances.

Last edited:
Vinyl can be a noun, sure, but it’s not a noun that inherently refers to a discrete unit like an LP. It’s a material, like leather. One can own multiple leather jackets, or “a bunch of leather,” but you wouldn’t normally say that person has a big collection of leathers.

Now if you went to an auto factory floor and they said “In this room we manufacture a variety of seat vinyls and next door is where we stitch leathers for steering wheels,” that would be fine, because I’m that case you’re pluralizing the word to indicate differences in the material itself.

Language is always evolving and gatekeeping is dumb, but IMO the reason people disagree over this is oversimplified by focusing on whether “vinyls” is even a word. Just because it’s a word doesn’t mean it’s applicable in all instances.

In the case of the example, this so called grammar export says it's a noun. "Vinyls" is being used in place of the word "Records".

In the case of the example, this so called grammar export says it's a noun. "Vinyls" is being used in place of the word "Records".
It’s essentially a colloquial abbreviation for vinyl records or vinyl albums. It’s similar to “Runs Batted In” being abbreviated to RBI in baseball vernacular. Sure people say RBI’s and ultimately that is fine but that doesn’t mean it’s correct. When you say RBI’s your are essentially saying Runs Batted In’s. The word is already plural… and sure, The underlying meaning of words evolve with society but that doesn’t make it any less awkward. If you are a 13 year old kid posting about your new vinyls on TikTok that’s understandable but If you are a multi-billion dollar record label attempting to sell a status/luxury item for an exorbitant amount of money using “vinyls” seems like a poor choice for someone you’d hope would know better.

Last edited:
Back