Pre-Order Thread

I don't know the music of everything that I post but I try to throw preorders out for everyone's interest.
Oh yeah I appreciate it! I don't even mean "Who?" in the sense that "This artist can't possibly be relevant if *I'VE* never heard of them." More like the opposite, "Oh no my slide into irrelevance is beyond the point of no return."

Oh yeah I appreciate it! I don't even mean "Who?" in the sense that "This artist can't possibly be relevant if *I'VE* never heard of them." More like the opposite, "Oh no my slide into irrelevance is beyond the point of no return."
Truly, I feel this in my old, dusty bones.

87389-74e104d5cb4ae2417b2ea42a6040b3c9.png

@JohnnyCashFan I know you were asking about Fela lately! these box sets have been really solid so far.
I have box sets 1-4. They're all great listens, and are now tough to find for a reasonable price. My only hesitation with this one is Chris Martin as co-curator. Sorry fans of Coldplay, but I'm not among you.

I have box sets 1-4. They're all great listens, and are now tough to find for a reasonable price. My only hesitation with this one is Chris Martin as co-curator. Sorry fans of Coldplay, but I'm not among you.
I have two of the boxes and they are awesome. My only slight complaint is that I think some of the box sets had some of the same albums in it? I may be wrong but I think I ended up skipping one of the box sets since some albums were already in another box I owned. Chris Martin as co-curator doesn't really bother me. The albums that come with the box are listed:

This volume includes Why Black Man Dey Suffer, Noise for Vendor Mouth, Kalakuta Show, Excuse O, Ikoyi Blindness, Original Sufferhead, and Overtake Don Overtake Overtake.

So often, reading this thread is accompanied by my brain playing this gif on a mental loop:
giphy.gif

honestly i just wrote off all the posts that made me do this as "holy shit i'm getting the olds"

especially the posts where i've never heard of the artist and like two or three people are like OH YEAH I'VE BEEN A FAN FOREVER AND I LOVED THEIR 5TH ALBUM I HOPE THIS IS LIKE THEIR OLD STUFF FROM 2015

I’m ahead of you on that slide. I used to ask “Who’s that? Let me hop over to Spotify and find out!” Then it was just “Who?” And now it’s just <*scroll*>.

I’m ahead of you on that slide. I used to ask “Who’s that? Let me hop over to Spotify and find out!” Then it was just “Who?” And now it’s just <*scroll*>.
I used to care and worry I was missing out on good stuff, but there's a lot I love and I'm still exploring within that. If I ever get bored I can start listening to new folks again, but it's easier on my wallet to dig deeper rather than wider these days.

I have two of the boxes and they are awesome. My only slight complaint is that I think some of the box sets had some of the same albums in it? I may be wrong but I think I ended up skipping one of the box sets since some albums were already in another box I owned. Chris Martin as co-curator doesn't really bother me. The albums that come with the box are listed:

This volume includes Why Black Man Dey Suffer, Noise for Vendor Mouth, Kalakuta Show, Excuse O, Ikoyi Blindness, Original Sufferhead, and Overtake Don Overtake Overtake.
I asked Doug if he can get them for PBC

HMV posted a restock of Chet Baker Sings Tone Poet. Sold out instantly, but there's hope that the repress has finally happened and other stores might get it soon. @AnthonyI I think you were looking for that one?
So, perhaps they had some copies leftover or found some, or mixed up pressings (there are few other meh versions out there) but after checking with a couple shops, their distributors are showing the TP as currently OOS.

@AnthonyI

Back