Pre-Order Thread

I saw it when it was around the 120-140 mark and was turned off by the reviews panning the set's QC, I just got the invidual issues although there's a few i still need (vu & nico and 1969/max's)
My box turned out great. I know there were a lot of issues with the 2012 initial run but most of the reviews for the 2016 version (at least the ones I read) that was recut by KPG and pressed at RTI seemed to fix a lot of those QC issues. The biggest debates I saw were more about Mono vs. Stereo. It’s probably not worthwhile at the current asking price any more but 5 LPs for $100 was well worth it at the time.

Soul Step Records Announces the repress of SSR-006!

Soul Step Records are back again with another vinyl gem! We’re so excited that after initially getting this album on vinyl back in 2014 and after being sold out for quite some time, that Matt Duncan’s “Beacon” is back in print!

We went back to the drawing board on this particular release - with a full color jacket, new lacquer cuts by Well Made Music, and beautiful colorful vinyl. We loved being able to get this album out, but felt we wanted to push things further with our re-press.

Matt Duncan and Soul Step Records have released many LP’s, 45’s, and Digital Singles. This partnership has proved to be quite fruitful with every color vinyl being sold out and some releases selling out completely. “Beacon” has garnered over 10 Million streams.

Needless to say, the demand for this record continues to be high - even years after it’s initial digital and vinyl releases. We’re so happy to get this record back in print for those who have loved Matt’s music for a long time, and for those who are newly discovering his talent.

Soul Step Records will be releasing the LP repress of “Beacon” by Matt Duncan to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, September 11th.
The general public sale will begin on Monday, September 13th. The tracks on this LP can be found on streaming on all services right now.

IMG_4181.jpg

You know there is a Sundazed MGM/Verve Mono Box available cut by Boom Boom and pressed at RTI where you can fill that a big portion (4 VU LPs + a Nico LP) of that hole for a very reasonable price, right?…
by the time i knew that existed, it was long sold out and pretty impossible to find :( i had heard really bad things about the original repress they did so stayed away from it.

New Lilly Hiatt, cassette only.

by the time i knew that existed, it was long sold out and pretty impossible to find :( i had heard really bad things about the original repress they did so stayed away from it.
Not that it's any easier to find or less expensive, but this VU box set is well worth putting on your list:

1631116116183.png

Not that it's any easier to find or less expensive, but this VU box set is well worth putting on your list:

I remember you recommending this one (and maybe I would have picked it up in that big sale awhile back), but mostly just looking for the studio albums. Thanks though!

LDR Blue Banisters are live

For Bundles

The original pressing was beyond horrible, and the box was so cheap and flimsy that virtually none could survive shipping. Although Sundazed denied it, and never took responsibility, a couple of years later they had KPG redo the lacquers and quietly repressed it at RTI, and put it in a better box with a new cover. That version is well worth getting, but avoid the earlier like the plague.

The original pressing was beyond horrible, and the box was so cheap and flimsy that virtually none could survive shipping. Although Sundazed denied it, and never took responsibility, a couple of years later they had KPG redo the lacquers and quietly repressed it at RTI, and put it in a better box with a new cover. That version is well worth getting, but avoid the earlier like the plague.
Thanks! I'll try to look for just the KG version. Otherwise I'll wait for the half speed reviews to come in and hope for the best.

LDR Blue Banisters are live

For Bundles

Anyone else tired of LDR putting out a record every 6 months?

Back