Pre-Order Thread

Calling @Yer Ol' Uncle D :
View attachment 104360

View attachment 104361

View attachment 104363

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Not heard of the label before but it's a reasonable price and I did not realize originals were going for as much as they are, so I impulse-purchased the orange & blue one.

Orange and Blue:

Yellow and Green:

1625154403663.png

Unless your local record store owner is an asshat too. (Mine is not)

I mean I’ve met a few that are but am yet to meet one who remotely even compares to Bezos on that scale. Plus I could list at least 5 reasons off the top of my head why even if he was that the small local business asshat is still a better place to put your money in your own, your communities and your nations interest than Amazon is.

Last edited:
I mean I’ve met a few that are but am yet to meet one who remotely even compares to Bezos on that scale. Plus I mean I could list at least 5 reasons off the top of my head why even if he was that the small local business asshat is still a better place to put your money in your own, your community and your nations interest than Amazon is.
I was just being a smart ass(hat). I'm lucky to have a cool local store owner who can pre order stuff at the same price as most other other online retailers and has an awesome rewards program. So unless it's a webstore exclusive or not available through wider distribution that's my first source.

I was just being a smart ass(hat). I'm lucky to have a cool local store owner who can pre order stuff at the same price as most other other online retailers and has an awesome rewards program. So unless it's a webstore exclusive or not available through wider distribution that's my first source.

Yeah I have a great local too. Well actually 4 great locals and 2 other ok ones, but I have my favourite of them 😂

I can’t lie and say that he isn’t always a couple of euros more expensive than Amazon because let’s face it he is but that’s the reality of small v large but ethically it has to be a good bit more than a couple of Euros to get me to choose Amazon.

Yeah I have a great local too. Well actually 4 great locals and 2 other ok ones, but I have my favourite of them 😂

I can’t lie and say that he isn’t always a couple of euros more expensive than Amazon because let’s face it he is but that’s the reality of small v large but ethically it has to be a good bit more than a couple of Euros to get me to choose Amazon.
I live in a small town and we surprisingly have 2 record stores down town. I've actually never been in the other (apparently has a better selection but I'm not much of a crate digger). The other store was there and I have a good relationship with the owner so I feel like it'd be cheating to go in the other one. Plus, the other store had "Metal Lives Matter" sign in the window that kind of seemed in poor taste to me.

FWIW, Turntable Lab teasing an exclusive of Bad Brains S/T in their latest email. No details at this point, could drop at any moment per usual for TTL.

o_iVvmAqZhxH8NlnBCTAr4SlO1N7LqlIaGOikH733qia53Qeqi9d-er9aNXXS1Zc1WndnqRt2VWHK47CtYPfHW6sinO8ATMReQbhpZz50P2tD7AppN5t5YuCR8VQ1EzS7x8inRyNI0AlbHPbbwLAAWodtzLPyg=s0-d-e1-ft

I know a few people who shopped there. One of my closest local friends, who is a long-time record collector, said their used/wall prices are insanely high. Another person I know said the owner was a rip-off buyer. So take those for what they are, anecdotes, but I don't feel that supporting overpriced shops does us all good, either.
Thanks.
You just made my point for me.
Don't give your money to those people you think are or have proven to be asshats.

That sentiment should and can apply equally to Bezos or VV.

Now, I will digress to defend VV:
I shop there. Regularly. It is my preferred local.
Their non-wall / Mint>VG+ $15 Punk, Indie and Classic Rock Bins are robust and full of gems.
Their Metal and 7" game is strong.
Their selection on New titles is unmatched in NJ and I've never failed to get want I wanted from their RSD.
If you or your buddy doesn't like them or think they are too expensive.
Fine, accepted; I'm not gonna say its bullshit to state a personal preference.

Back on topic:
So don't give your money to VV if that is your experience --- which was the point I was making in the first place.
But DO give your money to the whatever OTHER you do like and won't shit all over when it gets raised as an example.
Support them.
Bezos doesn't need your money and you don't need the $25 London Calling bad enough to justify contributing to minimalizing the profit margins of [Insert local/indie you prefer here].

1625157461219.png

If it was the label's decision to apparently not include it on the TTL version than I'd lean more towards no.
I'm still so perplexed by this. If you listened to the Open Mike Eagle / El-P Podcast (and you most certainly should), El-P talks about how much the late addition of that verse changed and improved the entire vibe of that song. Not including it is a huge headscratcher...

Back