Pre-Order Thread

Don't know why but on this link it looks like it's maybe still available?
Can confirm, was just able to buy it
Dang it! Had to have to much fun last night and then took a nap this afternoon.

View attachment 103709

View attachment 103710

View attachment 103711

UO stuff is so overpriced 😒 unfortunately they seem to be the only retailer that will actually press pop releases with care, every UO exclusive I've bought has sounded great. But ughhhh the price tag

UO stuff is so overpriced 😒 unfortunately they seem to be the only retailer that will actually press pop releases with care, every UO exclusive I've bought has sounded great. But ughhhh the price tag

They also press a lot of things that never never before been on vinyl and don't get other pressings when it comes to pop release.

For some nostalgic pop from when I was in high school and college I might bite, but if it's available elsewhere, nope.

Maybe this will be more up your alley? I didn't compare prices.

Maybe this will be more up your alley? I didn't compare prices.

Thank you for pointing that out! I wouldn't have even thought to look on her website tbh, I just assumed this was all UO exclusive. Those prices are a bit more reasonable, though I'm noticing all these pressings are expanded editions, which is making me hesitant. I don't feel like I need a bunch of remixes stapled onto an album just to make it a more expensive 2xLP but meh... I may end up giving in anyways 😬

What kind of artist / releases will they have?

LISTEN​

... to a lauded, new LP album recording
- exclusive vinyl edition, signed by the LP artist
- expertly sourced by Rough Trade
- chosen from across all genres
- the essential new recording
- LP identity revealed at unboxing, not before
- heightened discovery & anticipation
- a monthly self-gifting treat

Yeah, I have issues with VMP but at least if I pay $40 for a monthly membership you know what you’re going to receive beforehand or have the option of swapping out if it’s not my jam. I would rather spend $40 on some I KNOW I’d like as opposed to an album that someone else likes.

LISTEN​

... to a lauded, new LP album recording
- exclusive vinyl edition, signed by the LP artist
- expertly sourced by Rough Trade
- chosen from across all genres
- the essential new recording
- LP identity revealed at unboxing, not before
- heightened discovery & anticipation
- a monthly self-gifting treat

Yeah, I have issues with VMP but at least if I pay $40 for a monthly membership you know what you’re going to receive beforehand or have the option of swapping out if it’s not my jam. I would rather spend $40 on some I KNOW I’d like as opposed to an album that someone else likes.
I tend to agree, I just haven't loved VMPs picks or already had copies so I quit a while ago. The draw to me for this is that they are signed and the volvelle's seem kind cool too. But it's a total gamble no doubt.

I tend to agree, I just haven't loved VMPs picks or already had copies so I quit a while ago. The draw to me for this is that they are signed and the volvelle's seem kind cool too. But it's a total gamble no doubt.
Love the idea of a intimate closed circle video AMA with the artist as well, that can be pretty neat depending on who it is!

Would love for a service like this to also include hi-res digital files

Yeah, that makes sense. I am not an autograph guy personally. And though I enjoy Rough Trade as a store and a label, their indie sensibilities are up my alley; my issue is that I feel guilty spending $40 on an album I love, so going in blind on something that might not excite me wouldn’t be something I could get behind.

I grabbed almost all the Mac Miller presses and they do sound really good. They did hurt the old pocket book though.

Yeah, that makes sense. I am not an autograph guy personally. And though I enjoy Rough Trade as a store and a label, their indie sensibilities are up my alley; my issue is that I feel guilty spending $40 on an album I love, so going in blind on something that might not excite me wouldn’t be something I could get behind.

I signed up to give it a try. I figured that these should be collectible enough where if I take the risk, and get something I really don't like, I should at least be able to get my money back on Discogs.

I signed up to give it a try. I figured that these should be collectible enough where if I take the risk, and get something I really don't like, I should at least be able to get my money back on Discogs.

2 things from reading the site and from the product. It seems to be worded like it will always be a new release, and also, if they're signed it sorta has to be (without being morbid)

Back