Pre-Order Thread

Titus Andronicus is putting out a remastered, 10th anniversary, version of The Monitor. So far, it's only listed on Rough Trade's XL's website (black double LP).

snagged. This was a huge hole missing in my collection. And! they announced a tour playing the album in full!!

I'm assuming this is the same Sam Gendel from Clown Core? if so I should check this out. not that I would expect it to be anything like Clown Core
Yes it is and no it does not. These are super chill Jazz albums. I have listened to solo stuff from both Sam’s and this falls more on the Wilkes side of the equation than the Gendel.

Anybody know anything about this. I can't find it listed anywhere online?

Yes, it was a repress that sold out in under 2 minutes. This is what the promo looked like. It’s already taken down from Brandi’s site. It was announced to the fan club but was open to anyone. I don’t think they limited how many you bought. I’m so bummed I missed it. I have everything else on vinyl but just bought them as they came out.

FYI this came today and it was the normal black variant. Checking elsewhere, it appears others noticed as well and then the website was changed after orders started shipping. Shady shit

As an update, they apologized and told me the purple variant is being repressed now. Gave me a label to send back the black variant and will ship a purple to me when they come in.

So if anyone wants a purple variant, it's coming soon

For those who were looking for those Khruangbin remix 12”:

We know some of you have seen our secret 12" releases that we put out over the past couple of months. We didn't mention them on purpose, because we wanted to honor the tradition of vinyl, electronic music, limited pressings, and to support local record stores. We pressed 2000 of each of the five 12" releases and they were available in stores only. We did hold back a few, which we'll be in touch about soon. <3

With the 12s now released and found we can proudly share the remix album which features all the 12" tracks collated onto one, double-LP release. Front cover artwork is by Marko, inner sleeve artwork by Paula Duro, and sketches of each remixer by Laura Lee. Sleeve notes written by Bill Brewster, who not only lends us the weight of his musical knowledge and the craftsmanship of his words but as one half of Mang Dynasty he also gifted us a remix on the release.

Each Artist on Mordechai Remixes has a musical or personal connection to us, each invited to this release through personal friendship and mutual admiration.
We would never lightly place our music in anyone else hands, this is our own personal curation of those we most trust. We hope you enjoy the remixes and explore the catalogs of everyone who contributed.

5D02E467-8563-43D2-80AA-D9E323BD5E98.jpeg

For those who were looking for those Khruangbin remix 12”:

We know some of you have seen our secret 12" releases that we put out over the past couple of months. We didn't mention them on purpose, because we wanted to honor the tradition of vinyl, electronic music, limited pressings, and to support local record stores. We pressed 2000 of each of the five 12" releases and they were available in stores only. We did hold back a few, which we'll be in touch about soon. <3

With the 12s now released and found we can proudly share the remix album which features all the 12" tracks collated onto one, double-LP release. Front cover artwork is by Marko, inner sleeve artwork by Paula Duro, and sketches of each remixer by Laura Lee. Sleeve notes written by Bill Brewster, who not only lends us the weight of his musical knowledge and the craftsmanship of his words but as one half of Mang Dynasty he also gifted us a remix on the release.

Each Artist on Mordechai Remixes has a musical or personal connection to us, each invited to this release through personal friendship and mutual admiration.
We would never lightly place our music in anyone else hands, this is our own personal curation of those we most trust. We hope you enjoy the remixes and explore the catalogs of everyone who contributed.

View attachment 103503
Anyone know if the remixes are worth getting the album? Also, doesn’t look like the link is live yet.

Someone convince me I don't need this...
If you don’t want all of them, they also have options for “The Early Years”

And “The Merge Years”

Anyone know if the remixes are worth getting the album? Also, doesn’t look like the link is live yet.
Yea—weirdly the Khruangbin fan club sent that link out but it’s not live. I haven’t heard the remixes but I know a bunch of folks here purchased the singles

Back