1621446208764.png

pond-9-coke-bottle-clear-vinyl-180g-indie-exclusive

POND

9 (Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl)​

180g​

Indie Exclusive​

Fun groovy sax
1621448791536.png

The Dap-Kings' electro-sax space warrior returns with a groove-heavy sequel to All My Relations, Vol. II: Baca Sewa, an expressive, transcendental voyage through the archives of his indigenous roots and beyond. Drawing on ancestral memories and family histories to wrap new flesh around the bones of history, this album is a bold, semi-autobiographical work that leads us deeper into the annals of family histories, mythology and the cultural imaginary.

“Baca Sewa” is Cochemea’s original family name prior to Spanish colonization. The melody was composed by Anthony Gastelum and features vocals and drumming by the Baca Sewa Singers- a group composed of several generations of family members. The album runs thick with sonic tributes and remembrances. “Chito’s Song” is a contemplative, ethereal tribute to a beloved uncle. “Curandera” conjures the memory of the irrepressible healing power of medicine women. “Black Pearl” recalls his great grandfather, heir to a legacy of indigenous peoples enslaved as pearl divers in the Sea of Cortez.

Leading a 7-piece ensemble composed of New York’s top percussionists and members of Daptone’s rhythm section, Cochemea has created his own world of emotional textures and rhythmic possibilities, a musical and spiritual synthesis made possible through his deep reverence of the horn and the music and traditions preceding him. Vol II: Baca Sewa - is an offering and continuation of Cochemea’s explorations, part of a musical process of cultural reclamation and healing through connection, relations, memory and imagination.

Seems we’ve got Mouse Rat.

Magnolia Variants.
View attachment 99822

View attachment 99823

OK I'm a tiny bit sad already ordered before this variant appeared. Good looking and the Ice Town stuff was always funny

Another one.

View attachment 99861

Another Mouse Rat variant.

mouse-rat-the-awesome-album-nothing-rhymes-with-blorange-colored-vinyl-indie-exclusive

Mouse Rat

The Awesome Album (nothing rhymes with blorange colored vinyl)​

indie exclusive​

OMG

I went with the Cherry Gergich which was the cheapest for shipping with the discount, plus I like that pun best and the colorway matches the cover. The Flushed with Cash looks the coolest but I doubt it's going to turn out that way.

OMG

I went with the Cherry Gergich which was the cheapest for shipping with the discount, plus I like that pun best and the colorway matches the cover. The Flushed with Cash looks the coolest but I doubt it's going to turn out that way.

Flush With Cash looks a little like the Magnolia Spotify Covers compilation which came out looking great, so there's hope for those who went with that. I went with Cherry Gergich with no regrets on my side,, though Ice Town looks great.

I'm just excited for the Discogs editing wars on these naming conventions if they get pissy over things like "Mountain Blast"

Magnolia Variants.
View attachment 99822

View attachment 99823

I hate that I want this so badly. 😂

Back