Pre-Order Thread

I'm excited for it and have really enjoyed everything hes done. I appreciate that he keeps trying out new things to push his sound forward while still keeping a general familiarity to his sound. 22 was great and probably my 2nd favorite album of his after Bon Iver, Bon Iver.

Yep, I'm excited as well. I liked the direction he went in for 22 and it obviously had a big influence on another great album IMO - Low's Double Negative.

No Bon Iver love?! I thought 22 was amazing, and I've loved what I've heard off this new one as well. I just wish a cool variant would appear. Bon Iver has a track record of going standard black out of the gate and then re-pressing colored variants years later, a practice I personally find a little infuriating!
I have lots of love for Bon Iver and I'm beyond excited for the new album!!!! 22, A Million was my favorite album of 2016 and I still listen to it tones. As for the new tracks, I really dig what I've heard thus far.

No Bon Iver love?! I thought 22 was amazing, and I've loved what I've heard off this new one as well. I just wish a cool variant would appear. Bon Iver has a track record of going standard black out of the gate and then re-pressing colored variants years later, a practice I personally find a little infuriating!
I really enjoyed 22, a million but so far the songs from i,i haven't really grabbed me. I'll give it a chance again in full for sure. Definitely feeling the Bon Iver hate on here today though!

I really liked Bon Ivers first 2 albums. His sound on 22 was very unappealing for me but i understand how he got to their.

The only thing that makes me sad is he has played some of the songs off of 22 acoustically and damn do they sound better then the album versions in my opinion.

I really liked Bon Ivers first 2 albums. His sound on 22 was very unappealing for me but i understand how he got to their.

The only thing that makes me sad is he has played some of the songs off of 22 acoustically and damn do they sound better then the album versions in my opinion.
At least judging by the singles so far, do you think you'll like the new album better? I feel like most people that hated 22, a million hated the vocal effects and those don't seem to be present (certainly not to the same degree) on the new one. If you want acoustic instruments though instead of the new production style, you may feel the same way.

This is an early start, but if you like Shoegaze and in particular Japanese Shoegaze then keep your eyes open for some time next week. Graveface Records is going to do a limited press of Crystallized by Tokyo Shoegazer.

The album artwork was redesigned which is ok, but I liked the old art with the cat sitting around a bunch of pedals. Cd copies of this album go for 100's of dollars on Discogs... It's never been pressed to vinyl before like a lot of cult favorite Japanese artists.

I listened to this one yesterday for the first time and it's really good stuff. Definitely would want to get this when it's up for order. I do wish the artwork with the cat around the pedals was still there, but the new artwork is okay too.

the-return-2lp-signed-colour-edition

Debut Album from Sampa The Great

Just wanna give this a bump as the singles so far have been 🔥🔥🔥🔥:

"On “The Return” Sampa has enlisted a string of esteemed collaborators and peers to create the album. Mixed by Jonwayne (of Stones Throw notoriety), MsM (Skepta/Boy Better Know) and Andrei Eremin (GRAMMY-nominated engineer for Hiatus Kaiyote and Chet Faker), productions are by Silentjay, Slowthai producer Kwes Darko, Clever Austin (Perrin Moss of Hiatus Kiayote), Blue Lab Beats and Syreniscreamy. The album also features collaborations with Ecca Vandal and London jazz collective Steam Down."

Check these out if you haven't already:

Can be ordered through Ninja Tune/Bandcamp on limited red/green translucent 140g 2xLP or standard black 140g 2xLP. Bundles with her previous album are also available:

Just wanna give this a bump as the singles so far have been 🔥🔥🔥🔥:

"On “The Return” Sampa has enlisted a string of esteemed collaborators and peers to create the album. Mixed by Jonwayne (of Stones Throw notoriety), MsM (Skepta/Boy Better Know) and Andrei Eremin (GRAMMY-nominated engineer for Hiatus Kaiyote and Chet Faker), productions are by Silentjay, Slowthai producer Kwes Darko, Clever Austin (Perrin Moss of Hiatus Kiayote), Blue Lab Beats and Syreniscreamy. The album also features collaborations with Ecca Vandal and London jazz collective Steam Down."

Check these out if you haven't already:

Can be ordered through Ninja Tune/Bandcamp on limited red/green translucent 140g 2xLP or standard black 140g 2xLP. Bundles with her previous album are also available:

Yooo Sampa is great and even through prices are in GBP, its looking like just over $40 for the bundle+shipping which is GREAT

Back