Pre-Order Thread

You rock Uncle @Joe Mac! 🍻

No worries. I have two regular spots. One was the first one that sold out really quick and the other aren’t the most on the ball so it likely won’t hit their site until they have it in hand...

These guys are still an indie, all record stores in Ireland are, but they’re like a big store indie, good for back catalogue stuff the smaller guys don’t have space for and sales but they get nearly all the casual music consumer trade so they exploit that by usually being a euro or two more on new releases.

Not that I totally trust it, but reddit chatter claims these will be available at US indie stories, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed to avoid the shipping cost, and if I miss out, it's my own fault. When asked how the person knew they'd be available stateside, the reply was:

"we were sent solicitation for indie stores: Indie exclusive deluxe gatefold tip-on LP Deluxe gatefold tip-on jacket and board-mounted sleeve 180g vinyl"

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

I emailed my local to have them put one aside for me if they can get it.

He self released the AAA cut in 2018 though which was why it was such a small run. It’d be weird if his management managed to confuse the matter so much with tapes he owns and has the rights to himself 😂
But it wasn’t released worldwide, just sold worldwide. Which gets back to rights and distribution contracts.

Not that I totally trust it, but reddit chatter claims these will be available at US indie stories, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed to avoid the shipping cost, and if I miss out, it's my own fault. When asked how the person knew they'd be available stateside, the reply was:

"we were sent solicitation for indie stores: Indie exclusive deluxe gatefold tip-on LP Deluxe gatefold tip-on jacket and board-mounted sleeve 180g vinyl"

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

I emailed my local to have them put one aside for me if they can get it.
Yeah, I got burned by that last time so I’m just eating the shipping cost this time.

But it wasn’t released worldwide, just sold worldwide. Which gets back to rights and distribution contracts.

Yeah perhaps Sony still have the distribution rights for outside of Europe that they inherited after the collapse of Creation.

Last edited:
Throughout all this I somehow flipped my browser language to French and needless to say that made things more chaotic yet exciting. I’m back to my native tongue but checking out on MBV’s site and I almost bought the standard bundle on accident.

It’s 3:45 AM, and I am just BESIDE MYSELF that no one is acknowledging that SIR Elton John gave us one of the most iconic albums of the 90s.
View attachment 93780

I’m sorry but no one is too cool for “Circle of Life,” “Be Prepared,” and “Can You Feel The Love Tonight?” That album is a JOURNEY, my friends.

And then, just 3 years later, it became a musical which is now the highest grossing musical of all time, because of the songs that he wrote on that album.

What more does an album have to accomplish to be considered great?

*That same year that the musical opened, he dropped the highest-selling single of the past, oh, 75 years, and donated all of the profits to charity.
I could NEVER hear those songs again and be happy.
Brutally overplayed at the time, as iconic as Lion King has become.

Same with Candle in the Wind, the original and the Lady Di re-write. Don't need to hear them again, ever.

this is wild to me. i'm really glad people are so stoked on these records, but i remember in 2017/2018 when those remasters were up for sale, they were on sale for a long time.

I know from a US perspective my buddy refused to buy them due to shipping and paid for it later

so maybe that is part of it, but this band has just gotten more and more popular (not that they werent popular before), which is good, but wow...did not expect this

It’s €14 to you too! The EU store said it was shipping from Germany as well 😱

Yeah I ordered the deluxe of loveless from my local in Dublin. Was €30.99 but that’s less than €26 + €14 and we’re due a phased reopening of non-essential retail through May so fingers crossed by 21st I’ll be able to walk into the store and collect it!
You can actually walk up to Spindizzy and pick up at the moment! Did it the other week haha

Back