Pre-Order Thread

Any punk fans?

nPUYQdzQYSsEuB4ejoBKohquVR9BFNmPwyqEQHy8QCmXjfDTrALZyWyFhhsdTmQS5r6bcwzdBNyxKRCMd6yIE94LHUOfcEmHklfwk_cn3gxO-THbd5Uw_4lQ7mDGiovAE401xN-RK0z6EXa0b9tv37Lx1X6DW8FQVnc=s0-d-e1-ft

Happy 21st Birthday, Dude!
It's always an adventurous day when you turn 21, but we decided to do something a *little* special for Dillinger Four's Midwestern Songs of the Americas. This new #SmartpunkExclusive is on a Red-White-and-Blue Tri-Color (happy early 4th of July or whatever), and is super limited to only 300 copies.

Edited to add link: https://smartpunkshop.com/products/...exclusive?mc_cid=c956a84333&mc_eid=ad303c89de

Fitz and The Tantrums- All the Feels

View attachment 8925

Wonder if it's the commercialized Fitz of last album or more soulful Fitz of the priors?

Where did you hear about it? I was hoping it was a possibility since they released a single from this album for RSD this year, but this completely caught me by surprise.

Looks like @LiquidBlue posted it here in this thread on the 19th

View attachment 7002
Looks like Zero 7 When It Falls is finally getting a reissue. Been waiting a while for this one. Can preorder on Amazon. Not yet finding much info elsewhere.

I also saw it in the vinyl pre-order subreddit

Any punk fans?

nPUYQdzQYSsEuB4ejoBKohquVR9BFNmPwyqEQHy8QCmXjfDTrALZyWyFhhsdTmQS5r6bcwzdBNyxKRCMd6yIE94LHUOfcEmHklfwk_cn3gxO-THbd5Uw_4lQ7mDGiovAE401xN-RK0z6EXa0b9tv37Lx1X6DW8FQVnc=s0-d-e1-ft
It's always an adventurous day when you turn 21, but we decided to do something a *little* special for Dillinger Four's Midwestern Songs of the Americas. This new #SmartpunkExclusive is on a Red-White-and-Blue Tri-Color (happy early 4th of July or whatever), and is super limited to only 300 copies.

Edited to add link: https://smartpunkshop.com/products/...exclusive?mc_cid=c956a84333&mc_eid=ad303c89de
now 252 left /300

Not a preorder but I had missed that jazzmanrecords had reissued Steam Heat - Austin Funk. Classic!

Not a preorder but I had missed that jazzmanrecords had reissued Steam Heat - Austin Funk. Classic!

I really want this (being in Austin and all) but $36 for a single LP is asking a lot.

I doubt that they will return to the sound of Picking Up the Pieces. There seems to be a very clear trajectory to me.
I agree. Checked out two new songs from this and if it's possible, they are more commercial than the last album. I think they are wasting Noelle Scaggs' talent and I don't imagine the band members are playing the music on record anymore. Noelle's lip syncing but you don't even hear her voice on the song. The music is all Pro Tools, so the band must be for the road only now. A shame, I really liked their initial albums.

Any punk fans?

One of the best. I just bought the earlier red/white/blue splatter pressing of this and the black/white splatter of Versus God from their Merchnow a week or two ago and they arrived yesterday, I'm pretty sure they're still available if anyone wants those variants

I dont think we had this before. Rhino is having a bunch of releases coming remembering the summer of 69. There are some reissues of albums from the era like coloured versions moondance, csn, jefferson airplane etc.
There are the standalone stereo records from the buffalo springfield set.
There are also the 4 individual versions of woodstock 2lp and 3lp sets on coloured vinyl, that comprise the vmp 10 lp box. I am surprised hat tose 4 combined go for 170$ compared to 280$ for tge vmp box. And 170 $ is not a bundle price but the price of the individual lps added.

This is all I've listened to today. Amazing. Cheers for the recommendation.

I wish that I could have gotten in for the first 100 signed copies, and now it's moving really slow (still 386 left out of 500), but I have a pretty strong feeling that this lady is going to do really well for herself, if not blow the fuck up, at some point. If/when that happens, a lot of people are going to wish that they had the foresight to grab this first pressing. I recently read that she's only 19 years old and made the tracks on this LP from the ages of 12 to 18. That's pretty insane, if that's true.

I wish that I could have gotten in for the first 100 signed copies, and now it's moving really slow (still 386 left out of 500), but I have a pretty strong feeling that this lady is going to do really well for herself, if not blow the fuck up, at some point. If/when that happens, a lot of people are going to wish that they had the foresight to grab this first pressing. I recently read that she's only 19 years old and made the tracks on this LP from the ages of 12 to 18. That's pretty insane, if that's true.

Sounds like I’m listening to a middle school play

Sounds like I’m listening to a middle school play

I don't know, I've read your comments on here and there's a few things that I've gathered. One is that you regularly buy things blindly, simply because other people seem excited about them. Another is that you, somehow, are still condescending about the things that other people are excited about, even when you almost bought them yourself. Overall, you seem like you're pretty self righteous about having fairly luke-warm and average taste. Unfortunately, that in itself isn't more unique of character trait, these days, either.

I dont think we had this before. Rhino is having a bunch of releases coming remembering the summer of 69. There are some reissues of albums from the era like coloured versions moondance, csn, jefferson airplane etc.
There are the standalone stereo records from the buffalo springfield set.
There are also the 4 individual versions of woodstock 2lp and 3lp sets on coloured vinyl, that comprise the vmp 10 lp box. I am surprised hat tose 4 combined go for 170$ compared to 280$ for tge vmp box. And 170 $ is not a bundle price but the price of the individual lps added.

5CCD1EBA-DAF6-4ED8-98EA-7071C01B41E1.gif

I don't know, I've read your comments on here and there's a few things that I've gathered. One is that you regularly buy things blindly, simply because other people seem excited about them. Another is that you, somehow, are still condescending about the things that other people are excited about, even when you almost bought them yourself. Overall, you seem like you're pretty self righteous about having fairly luke-warm and average taste. Unfortunately, that in itself isn't more unique of character trait, these days, either.

TLDR.

This is my favourite on the album, It's been on repeat. My wife said she reminded her of Alt J and I can definitely hear that comparison, but this is an altogether more brutal and intense listening experience.

Back