Pre-Order Thread

Music Matters Jazz. One of the most loved reissue Blue Note labels for sound quality. Long story but they took back control and went with a direct to consumer sales model to “combat flippers”. Then they immediately started playing games with their prices.
They did crazy stuff, too, like "this album is either $25 or $250. You'll find out later." It was pretty astonishing, even for this rarefied market.

Xiu Xiu releasing a duet album in March (@gaporter !!)

@gaporter

"test pressings" available too
thank you for the tag homies 🤗

Xiu Xiu releasing a duet album in March (@gaporter !!)

Surprised I wasn't tagged considering Grouper.

dinked 94 - exclusive numbered* opaque blue lp + bonus 7” featuring exclusive bonus material* + exclusive poster designed by ikhoor studio* (300 only) (* exclusive to dinked edition) (pre-order)​

expected release: 7th may 2021​

This all seems to have sold out so quickly. Wild Belle have always been one of my favourite bands and I am really looking forward to this. Managed to bag a copy from Banquet before they sold out.

Music Matters Jazz. One of the most loved reissue Blue Note labels for sound quality. Long story but they took back control and went with a direct to consumer sales model to “combat flippers”. Then they immediately started playing games with their prices.
They didn't go direct to combat flippers. They went direct to become the flippers.

For Sara Watkins,

The Indie Variant is on Bull Moose

and signed copies on her website

As an aside, not sure it matters for anyone but me, but her "Sun Midnight Sun" LP has become a bit difficult to find (Acoustic Sounds is the only site I've seen with it in stock) and her web-store has it for $25 as well, same price as AS. Combining both into a media mail shipment is $5.50 shipping or so (I paid for priority because USPS has been rough recently on Media Mail), which is a decent range for an autographed and low stock LP combo.
Thanks for this info!! Still went with the fancy blue, but I needed Sun Midnight Sun. With my Nickel Creek bundle inbound, I’m a have a lot of new Sara to spin.

Good stuff, I wonder if VMP will have an exclusive of this one today
Curious as to why you would think they would do this? They have not been friendly to Blue Grass... and the one kids album they had before sat around forever.

Back