Pre-Order Thread

1605490716626.jpeg

and that's the vital trifecta completing piece to officially make it a "Box". Plus from the description it seems like some are downplaying the litho like it's just some random lithograph you might expect in a normal "Box"............ naw, this collectable beauty is "solarized". 🙃
Actually, I think it's the album jacket that's solarized? I'd have to read the blurb again, but I know that in addition to the lithograph, the album jacket artwork is being presented as initially envisioned by the artist, which is somehow different than how originally presented. (Not to suggest that this justifies the cost, but it is something unique about this package.)

EDIT: Here's the relevant language from NY's site:

The artwork for the album is updated for the 50th Anniversary Edition:
  • In the years before he passed away, Gary Burden, Neil’s long time art director, had envisaged solarizing the album art – especially the back cover shot of Neil’s jeans & patches. Gary’s partner, Jenice Heo, has now executed Gary’s vision and created a unique take on this classic album cover. The cover is printed on special silver coated paper stock to create the desired effect.

Last edited:
Actually, I think it's the album jacket that's solarized? I'd have to read the blurb again, but I know that in addition to the lithograph, the album jacket artwork is being presented as initially envisioned by the artist, which is somehow different than how originally presented. (Not to suggest that this justifies the cost, but it is something unique about this package.)

EDIT: Here's the relevant language from NY's site:

The artwork for the album is updated for the 50th Anniversary Edition:
  • In the years before he passed away, Gary Burden, Neil’s long time art director, had envisaged solarizing the album art – especially the back cover shot of Neil’s jeans & patches. Gary’s partner, Jenice Heo, has now executed Gary’s vision and created a unique take on this classic album cover. The cover is printed on special silver coated paper stock to create the desired effect.
For some reason I could have sworn I read the litho was also solarized but it just states that it comes with the litho so maybe that's just the original cover so you have both otherwise that's a hell of a lot of solarization for one box!

It is kind of cool though and if it came down to the 40ish range i'd be contemplating it much more even though it's not a very hard record to get for a solid price outside of the few exclusive changes. At least you can usually always count on his releases sounding great so if you do drop a lot you at worst get a great sounding overpriced album which isn't the worst thing.

For some reason I could have sworn I read the litho was also solarized but it just states that it comes with the litho so maybe that's just the original cover so you have both otherwise that's a hell of a lot of solarization for one box!

It is kind of cool though and if it came down to the 40ish range i'd be contemplating it much more even though it's not a very hard record to get for a solid price outside of the few exclusive changes. At least you can usually always count on his releases sounding great so if you do drop a lot you at worst get a great sounding overpriced album which isn't the worst thing.
I'd say it's ambiguous because the soarized bit seems to be tied to the album jacket, but then it states that the lithograph is of the album art, so it could go either way!

View attachment 75017
Ohh I haven't bought this album on Vinyl yet, although I really like it. It's a cool variant, maybe I'll just go for it.

1605539797531.png

1605539831158.png

Azure Ray is the debut, eponymous studio album from Maria Taylor and Orenda Fink. After their previous band disbanded, Taylor and Fink moved to Athens, Georgia where they formed Azure Ray. They signed to WARM and recorded the self-titled record with Eric Bachmann (of Crooked Fingers and Archers of Loaf).

20TH ANNIVERSARY BUNDLE:

• Limited Edition bundle-only caramel colored vinyl LP
  • 100 page photobook (limited to 100), hand signed by Maria and Orenda
  • "Rise" & "Sleep" Pillowcase
  • Tote Bag
  • 11x22 album art poster
  • Sticker
  • Exclusive unreleased bonus track “Witches” from original sessions
  • MP3 album download
LP:

• Cream colored vinyl
  • 11x22 album art poster
  • MP3 album download

Mount Kimbie - Crooks and Lovers Bleep Exclusive
ReleaseFormat-626316-122336.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 75055

View attachment 75056

Azure Ray is the debut, eponymous studio album from Maria Taylor and Orenda Fink. After their previous band disbanded, Taylor and Fink moved to Athens, Georgia where they formed Azure Ray. They signed to WARM and recorded the self-titled record with Eric Bachmann (of Crooked Fingers and Archers of Loaf).

20TH ANNIVERSARY BUNDLE:

• Limited Edition bundle-only caramel colored vinyl LP
  • 100 page photobook (limited to 100), hand signed by Maria and Orenda
  • "Rise" & "Sleep" Pillowcase
  • Tote Bag
  • 11x22 album art poster
  • Sticker
  • MP3 album download
LP:

• Cream colored vinyl
  • 11x22 album art poster
  • MP3 album download

If you dont know this band then don't listen to it. Its some of the saddest recordings ever.

To anyone who got the Walmart exclusive of Core by Stone Temple Pilots, does you copy have to cranked up to sound decent? I normally play records all in a certain range but this one sounds really quiet at that same volume. I wonder if this is the same mastering as the black vinyl on the STP website or if this is just a CD copy.

To anyone who got the Walmart exclusive of Core by Stone Temple Pilots, does you copy have to cranked up to sound decent? I normally play records all in a certain range but this one sounds really quiet at that same volume. I wonder if this is the same mastering as the black vinyl on the STP website or if this is just a CD copy.
I haven’t listened yet, but at 54-ish minutes on a single LP it’s not surprising that it’s a little quiet. I’ve found when places start trying to pack 90s albums (who frequently were contractually required to run to an hour-ish) on a single record they get compressed and quiet.

Back