Pre-Order Thread

Just popularity. I always see used McCartney albums priced in the $1-9 range in real nice condition for the most part. He's been excellent in the past 20 years or so.
Yea--I have some solid older pressings of most of his stuff but am always tempted to upgrade. I had never really listened to Flaming Pie but grabbed the deluxe of that in one of the Target sales and it's great

Airborne Toxic Event have some pre-orders up for their out of print albums, and first pressing of the acoustic album that came out as digital only a while ago.

I’ve had my eye on their first album for awhile, but the price never drops below $100, so this was a no-brainer for me.

I really wish they would space these out more!
There's three left. This one and then the really awesome ep called 5ep and then apparently the 5ep (in mind remixes) album which was just 2 songs only but really good.

The 5ep is slept on and it's totally worth checking out. They did it right before Pygmalion. It's really the Slowdive take on early 90's electronic music.

If you like more Shoegaze bands that did electronic stuff such as Bowery Electric and Seefeel then you will dig this.

For those that missed the clear version they are doing a black pressing.
I Pre-Ordered the clear version on Amazon the day it dropped and I don’t think they are ever going to ship it so this is a nice backup.

Now to find where I can actually get this version!

Thanks a ton!

There's three left. This one and then the really awesome ep called 5ep and then apparently the 5ep (in mind remixes) album which was just 2 songs only but really good.

The 5ep is slept on and it's totally worth checking out. They did it right before Pygmalion. It's really the Slowdive take on early 90's electronic music.

If you like more Shoegaze bands that did electronic stuff such as Bowery Electric and Seefeel then you will dig this.

I would also toss in there Bailter Space. They are still putting out stuff but their 90s Flying Nun/Matador records are great. More on the abrasive end of the shoegaze spectrum.

Oh and Bowery Electric's "Freedom Fighter" is an amazing song

Also could people please stop releasing small run Laura Marling exclusives while I’m trying to diet 😂
I'm a die hard fan, but I haven't bought either one of these exclusives so far, neither Recordstore nor Rough Trade. The Union Chapel show was beautiful to witness and the Tiny Desk quarantine recording too, but I know these beautiful solo versions very well by now and somehow I just don't know if I'd really listen to them much when I can listen to the pretty much perfect albums Once I Was An Eagle and Song For Our Daughter. But who knows, maybe I'll still buy them. I'd definitely buy a recording of her BBC proms concert though - her songs are usually very stripped-back, so it was a pleasure to hear them with these beautiful and bold arrangements.

Speaking of orchestras and bold arrangements, I hope we'll one day get Lianne La Havas with Jules Buckley conducting the BBC Symphony Orchestra, I'm absolutely mind-blown by that concert, especially the rendition of "Grow". Was hoping some christmas miracle might happen, but no information so far if that's ever going to happen.

For those that missed the clear version they are doing a black pressing.
F*ck was just reminded how much I loved this album back in the day. Couldn't wait and copped one from discogs via a UK seller. Shipping was worth it. Couldn't risk my local not getting a black version

I'm a die hard fan, but I haven't bought either one of these exclusives so far, neither Recordstore nor Rough Trade. The Union Chapel show was beautiful to witness and the Tiny Desk quarantine recording too, but I know these beautiful solo versions very well by now and somehow I just don't know if I'd really listen to them much when I can listen to the pretty much perfect albums Once I Was An Eagle and Song For Our Daughter. But who knows, maybe I'll still buy them. I'd definitely buy a recording of her BBC proms concert though - her songs are usually very stripped-back, so it was a pleasure to hear them with these beautiful and bold arrangements.

Speaking of orchestras and bold arrangements, I hope we'll one day get Lianne La Havas with Jules Buckley conducting the BBC Symphony Orchestra, I'm absolutely mind-blown by that concert, especially the rendition of "Grow". Was hoping some christmas miracle might happen, but no information so far if that's ever going to happen.

I ended up buying them both. I didn’t see the church gig until after it had sold out so glad to have a chance to check it out given it got such good reviews. The other one was probably FOMO. Oh well, it’s not like I can spend it in the pub right now!

Back