Pre-Order Thread

Not familiar, but there is also a Joyful Noise VIP variant. The description looks really interesting. Not sure I'll bite on this, though.

VIP EDITION details:
  • Hand-numbered out of 500.
  • Pressed on Neon Highlighter & Cyan split color vinyl with Pink and Swamp-Green splatter.
  • Includes VIP-exclusive RISO art print.
  • Download in high-quality MP3, AIFF, and WAV. (Instant download of "Paradise" & "The Planet Of Straw Men" w/ full album sent before 8/23).
Super cool looking variant! I wish the new singles were grabbing me like the first album did. I'm sure it will grow on me and I'll kick myself for skipping, but that's where I'm at!

With Spoon of all bands making one too. It’s an alright overview I guess and features some of their best songs but I would have thrown on “Don’t Make Me a Target”. Ghost is good too. I guess there’s only so much room on a single LP though.
Don't get me wrong... I love Spoon but it seems like this was geared more towards the songs that indie and alternative radio played to death instead of great album cuts. I guess the difference between a "greatest hits" and a "best of“.

Why was I not informed of this previously?
I will chalk it up to the change over from the site that shall not be named.
In the future, please @ me on any Pedal/Vinyl combo releases please.
Thanks.

Also for $11 and change for the vinyl, every single person should buy this :ROFLMAO:

Spoon are one of my all-time favorite bands, but I have 90% of their catalog on vinyl already so I don't know if I necessarily need this. Great price though.

There's also a pre-order up for a 7" single with the brand new track b/w an early rarity...

New Dinked Edition has been announced.

Tropical Fuck Storm - Braindrops.

View attachment 7404

http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=63435

Is anyone familiar with this band? I listened to some of their songs on youtube but not sure im feeling it.
Not familiar, but there is also a Joyful Noise VIP variant. The description looks really interesting. Not sure I'll bite on this, though.

VIP EDITION details:
  • Pressed on Neon Highlighter & Cyan split color vinyl with Pink and Swamp-Green splatter.
  • Download in high-quality MP3, AIFF, and WAV. (Instant download of "Paradise" & "The Planet Of Straw Men" w/ full album sent before 8/23).
Yep. This band absolutely rocks. A Laughing Death in Meatspace is one of my favorites of 2018, check it out.

Spoon are one of my all-time favorite bands, but I have 90% of their catalog on vinyl already so I don't know if I necessarily need this. Great price though.

There's also a pre-order up for a 7" single with the brand new track b/w an early rarity...

To be fair, the description makes it clear that they wanted to do it because they were introduced to great bands with compilations. I don't think they would disagree that it isn't necessary for people like us with most of the catalog.

I think it's a good list for someone who wants to check them out from a poppier entry point. Definitely doesn't match my greatest list but they are really good songs.

I feel like they are similar to how The Killers blew up and The Strokes didn’t. They had just enough roughness around the edges to not appeal to a grander audience.
Makes sense. Funny because that's probably why I much prefer Spoon and The Strokes to the Killers.

I feel like they are similar to how The Killers blew up and The Strokes didn’t. They had just enough roughness around the edges to not appeal to a grander audience.
this what I think of when I think of Spoon. Some of their songs have bits and pieces of brilliance but they feel rough, or they feel like they need to be polished just a little bit more. Some tracks sound like demos or should be cut off earlier or later.

Hmm, to become a Joyful Noise VIP just for a color variant or not to become a Joyful Noise VIP just for a color variant? Would be an easier decision if it came with the 7" like resident with this madness on it:

Haha, not sure how much I'd spin it though.

New Dinked Edition has been announced.

Tropical Fuck Storm - Braindrops.

View attachment 7404

http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=63435

Is anyone familiar with this band? I listened to some of their songs on youtube but not sure im feeling it.

VIP EDITION details:
Super cool looking variant! I wish the new singles were grabbing me like the first album did. I'm sure it will grow on me and I'll kick myself for skipping, but that's where I'm at!
Yep. This band absolutely rocks. A Laughing Death in Meatspace is one of my favorites of 2018, check it out.
Hmm, to become a Joyful Noise VIP just for a color variant or not to become a Joyful Noise VIP just for a color variant? Would be an easier decision if it came with the 7" like resident with this madness on it:

Haha, not sure how much I'd spin it though.

I'm not really familiar with TFS but rumor has it that they have a collaboration album with King Gizzard coming out at some point...unless that just ended up being his involvement in recording Fishing For Fishies for them.

Why was I not informed of this previously?
I will chalk it up to the change over from the site that shall not be named.
In the future, please @ me on any Pedal/Vinyl combo releases please.
Thanks.

View attachment 7407

Did you snag one? Sold out quickly. Love the box for the pedal and overall presentation. Dig Earthquaker. Wouldn't make use of this pedal for my playing but def cool.

Back