Portland / Oregon

Isbell at the Clackamaw Fair Grounds this weekend. Anyone know how it is there for shows of this size? Assuming no shade?

Isbell at the Clackamaw Fair Grounds this weekend. Anyone know how it is there for shows of this size? Assuming no shade?
I think these are the first shows they've done there in this format. I don't think they're using the fairgrounds stage, but not sure. Wild Hare Fest was at that site and had two stages, so it won't be like that. Social Distortion got cancelled for tomorrow, otherwise I could have let you know.

I think these are the first shows they've done there in this format. I don't think they're using the fairgrounds stage, but not sure. Wild Hare Fest was at that site and had two stages, so it won't be like that. Social Distortion got cancelled for tomorrow, otherwise I could have let you know.

Hmm how was the grounds for the fest? Maybe they're using the same space and centering where the stage is?

Also if anyone is weird like me and likes physical ticket stubbs, true west was able to print their productions (Isbell, Fleet Foxes, Flaming Lips) at the Aladdin for me.

Hmm how was the grounds for the fest? Maybe they're using the same space and centering where the stage is?
Just a grass field. Not bad. I’m curious to see how it is. Bummed they didn’t do the Wild Hare Fest again. Caught Zach Bryan, Lucero, Vincent Neil Emerson and a bunch of others last year for a reasonable price.

Musique Plastique relocated alongside Beacon Sound, Super-Electric Records, and Lost Avenue Books in one storefront on 2732 NE MLK Blvd. I went to their soft opening yesterday; inside is very cozy with four sections of LPs to flip through. A lot of tapes and books on display, too. Even though the shared space is small, it feels very open. They have a section closed off with a curtain that should be available to the public when they announce a grand opening (w/party) in a few weeks.
Tony of MP wasn't there when I visited on opening day, but I'd guess he'll have comics/vintage manga available on shelves as well when everything is ready.

Also finally went to visit The Record Pub yesterday. Cozy spot. Pricing is inconsistent for media (often too high), but I would return on a day/night with specials.

Well the Lloyd Center experiment was interesting! This new spot is closer to a neighborhood home base for them and Beacon. Andrew of Beacon Sound is one of the bright lights of Portland’s underground music scene, and I’m always pulling for him.

Echo Audio is for sale. Owner is retiring, and is asking for serious inquiries at buyechoaudio@gmail.com before September 1st.

$1,750,000 gets you a debt-free 4,200 square foot store and web presence, with $200,000+ in inventory and gross annual sales in excess of $1,750,000 a year.

I have no idea whether that's a good deal or not, but I like the idea of Echo Audio remaining here in our city as a used+new audio equipment store and repair shop.

I got that email too—surprised to see Kurt is retiring but I liked how up front he was about what he’s looking for!

I’m not wanting a retail business at all, but I think the location easily comprises a lot of that $ amount, and I imagine the brand is strong enough to be an asset in itself.

Echo Audio is for sale. Owner is retiring, and is asking for serious inquiries at buyechoaudio@gmail.com before September 1st.

$1,750,000 gets you a debt-free 4,200 square foot store and web presence, with $200,000+ in inventory and gross annual sales in excess of $1,750,000 a year.

I have no idea whether that's a good deal or not, but I like the idea of Echo Audio remaining here in our city as a used+new audio equipment store and repair shop.

@HiFi Guy you want to switch careers?

I might try today. Anything you purchased?
New Lucinda, new Baseball Project, Eddie Vedder, new John Fulbright, Aoife O'Donovan plays Nebraska which I heard is amazing, James Brown Soul on Top, Isaac Hayes Hot Buttered Soul, Tom Petty live at the Fillmore.

Most in the $7-20 range. Saw sombre deals on box sets. Okonokos box 4LP I think was $40 but there was only one. Lots of things I already had for solid deals.

New(ish) record store in town. The name is Passenger Seat Records, located at 4922 NE 20th Ave, Portland, OR 97211. They are off to the side, around the corner of Proud Mary Coffee.

Neat selection. A focus on world (lots of Brazilian), ambient/Balearic, electronic/house, and soul/funk. Not quite as leftfield as MP, but I'd say there is a ~75% overlap. Bright, open space with listening stations and potted plants scattered around. Owner is pleasant to speak with.

Might have a new favorite.

Back