Political Discussion

Hahaha. The #'s have finally started coming in from the DNC. They are off by 14% points (to Sanders disadvantage) to what the media spotters have been reporting (with 10% precincts in).

Most likely, they are slow dripping (again) from the parts of the state where he did worse. But god damn if this isn't causing flashbacks to Iowa.

Oh also, Chris Mathews just compared Bernie winning Nevada to the Nazis taking France. Whatever- bring it on. Trump's gonna go there anyways. Better that it happen now.
Question: I get that the establishment isn’t ever going to super supportive of a candidate that upends the status quo in a way that Bernie had stated that he would. That being said, hindsight being 20/20 and all that, regarding the Nevada results, aren’t you worried that the immediate jump on the “Bernie isn’t winning so obviously the fix is in” narrative might end up a bit “the boy who cried wolf-ish”? I only bring it up because right now the trajectory favors my candidate (Bernie) to faces off against the human Cheeto in the general, and if shady shit really does go down maybe no one will care because both sides have been claiming it was “rigged” from the get-go? Sorry I apologize if this comment comes off a bit abrasive, you are certainly not remotely close to the biggest culprit, I just wanted to address it here. Thanks.

Question: I get that the establishment isn’t ever going to super supportive of a candidate that upends the status quo in a way that Bernie had stated that he would. That being said, hindsight being 20/20 and all that, regarding the Nevada results, aren’t you worried that the immediate jump on the “Bernie isn’t winning so obviously the fix is in” narrative might end up a bit “the boy who cried wolf-ish”? I only bring it up because right now the trajectory favors my candidate (Bernie) to faces off against the human Cheeto in the general, and if shady shit really does go down maybe no one will care because both sides have been claiming it was “rigged” from the get-go? Sorry I apologize if this comment comes off a bit abrasive, you are certainly not remotely close to the biggest culprit, I just wanted to address it here. Thanks.

Oh dude, no I totally get it. And I get that the paranoia borders on insane. I was so close to the ground last time that I was seeing shit happen with no reporting of it by the media and then if it was brought up we were called conspiracy theorists. And then the emails dropped.

Same time, I also realize that I’ve allowed that to make me stupid paranoid over shit. Iowa amped those emotions back up and put me on edge. Now that Nevada has happened I’m going to make a concerted effort to chill. If the races aren’t close than they can’t really fuck shit up. Which means the focus should be on turnout.

They can certainly devide us though which is specifically why it’s important I go back to the 2016 version of myself (who could talk to any ideology and find emphathy within their view). I fully fucking admit that when the Russia-Gate shit became the focus with Bernie as the side scape goat (as opposed to enteral reflection by the DNC on their failures) it made me deeply bitter.

It’s time to move on and go back to building bridges the way I am capable of doing and was doing this summer on a city council race.

I am worried about the media, but that’s par for the course. And the good news is that CNN’s coverage tonight was very fair. Meanwhile MSNBC seems set to reveal themselves as the Fox News light that they truly are:

Last edited:

IDK man. I watched an edited clip of reactions from msnbc pundits. They were scared shitless and everything they had to say was negative or downplaying what is clearly happening.

Last edited:
Now this is some good shit right here

We all know how I feel about MSNBC, but if you are trying to counter the blowback of the Chris Mathews comments, this is a good start.

I do wish Anand would counter with a because young people (or Sanders supporters) will not rally behind him.

Also, Elizabeth Bruenig went full fire on the new LRC. Drew her line (to use somebody’s previous phrasing) at Bloomberg.

And now I go back to trying to sleep. Stupid insomnia.

Here is an interesting read and the difference between Trump now and Lincoln then.

Now this is some good shit right here

We all know how I feel about MSNBC, but if you are trying to counter the blowback of the Chris Mathews comments, this is a good start.

I do wish Anand would counter with a because young people (or Sanders supporters) will not rally behind him.

This is such a huge point!!

The status quo has been soooo comfortable and believed in by the DNC, mass media, pretty much everyone for at least 60 years. No one there wants to change that. But the status quo is failing such a huge portion of the population. The folks at the DNC when they were young politicians probably believed in the progressive policies that Bernie is advocating for. But once you get into the system you need corporate and lobbyist money to get some policies passed. And before long you only answer to corporate and wealthy elite because of that money coming in. If I'm a small $27 donor, most politicians will ignore my money compared to a huge super PAC or $2700 wealthy donor because that money can be more important for getting reelected. Status quo dems spend so much time courting big corporate and wealthy money that they start to believe in moderate policies and laissez faire capitalism. Bernie doesn't take any big money so he never even thinks of changing his policies to benefit the corporate and wealthy elite.

Cable news is throwing a huge tantrum over Bernie winning. It looks very silly when what Bernie is advocating for, MSNBC has preached and advocated for in the past. So there's disconnect as to why MSNBC and other liberal media outlets are so against him winning.

Last edited:

The moderate democrats are very nervous and unorganized on how to upend Bernie Sanders Campaign.

They are not just anxious about whether Bernie Sanders could in the general election against Donald Trump. They are also very afraid that if Bernie Sanders is the nominee it will cost all the democrat moderate candidates their seats in swing stages.

They are afraid that many others will lose their seats because of Bernie Sanders. And this is a no go for them.

They are also warning that a Bernie Sanders nomination would resold in handing the majority control of the house back to the Republicans and allow the Replications to retain control of the Senate which would be disastrous.

I don't buy any of this. We need change. And w are not going to get it if we don't try.

The moderate democrats are very nervous and unorganized on how to upend Bernie Sanders Campaign.

They are not just anxious about whether Bernie Sanders could in the general election against Donald Trump. They are also very afraid that if Bernie Sanders is the nominee it will cost all the democrat moderate candidates their seats in swing stages.

They are afraid that many others will lose their seats because of Bernie Sanders. And this is a no go for them.

They are also warning that a Bernie Sanders nomination would resold in handing the majority control of the house back to the Republicans and allow the Replications to retain control of the Senate which would be disastrous.

I don't buy any of this. We need change. And w are not going to get it if we don't try.
Good

Most of the things they are worried about have no basis in fact. They are purely emotional arguments. While considering recent events in the primary Bernie has the most support and that is factual. Why wouldn't they want to put a presidential candidate who is the most popular? Personally I think the margins are very thin in this election, like the last, but so far Bernie has the best numbers.

Apparently the head of MSNBC has said that he is going to work to ensure Sanders gets fair coverage from here on out— following the Mathews meltdown.

Also, this is a good read on the whole Castro nonsense. I’m, frankly, fine that it’s happening now because the GOP was gonna go there anyways but...

Apparently the head of MSNBC has said that he is going to work to ensure Sanders gets fair coverage from here on out— following the Mathews meltdown.

the more people hear about Bernie the more they like him. This is only going to be a good thing.

I don't know if that is getting good or negative attention. I do remember reading something about Bernies answer 60 minutes about how much Medicare For All would cost was "disastrous". The media was all over him because he couldn't give an answer and simply said we are not sure due to the complex nature of our healthcare system.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday called for two liberal Supreme Court justices to recuse themselves from cases involving him following a scathing dissent issued by one of them, blasting the justices as the court considers a number of cases critical to his presidency.

RIP to our democracy.

Here is the thing with all the hand-wringing, we ran an establishment moderate against Trump in 2016 AND LOST! Is it possible that maybe some voter in the Midwest have lost faith in the DJT and may not be as enthused to support him this time around? Sure but I personally think the best path is to add to the Hillary voters by bringing out larger coalition minority and millennials than Hillary was able to draw. I can’t imagine many Hillary voters switching over to Trump and the Midwest states that cost her the election she was REALLY CLOSE to winning. I think some House seats might be in jeopardy but if We end up winning the Presidency then we will certainly keep the House. (I think the Senate is a coin-flip either way currently).

Back