Political Discussion

While I agree that he's too old, and that there should be an age cutoff for POTUS, he's our only option. It pisses me off that it's this way, he even said that the only reason he's running is because the fat fuck is. There is no way Kamala would ever win on her own and the powers that be won't put forward a better candidate. My guess is, should he win, he will step down before year 2 of his term.

It truly sucks that this is our reality.

While I agree that he's too old, and that there should be an age cutoff for POTUS, he's our only option. It pisses me off that it's this way, he even said that the only reason he's running is because the fat fuck is. There is no way Kamala would ever win on her own and the powers that be won't put forward a better candidate. My guess is, should he win, he will step down before year 2 of his term.

It truly sucks that this is our reality.
The thought that he could just step down and we wouldn't get another election called immediately pisses me off a lot. It's such an undemocratic way of doing things. If we could vote for VP too, as I think we should, then I wouldn't care so much.

A 15 billion dollar aid package to Israel passed the senate today, with every democrat but one, most republicans, and Biden's support behind it.

Also in the news today, the 6 year old Palestinian girl who called for help last week after her family was killed, was found murdered by the IDF today along with the Red Cross paramedics sent to rescue her. The ambulance was given approval to pick her up, and then bombed by Israel anyway.

Just so everyone's clear about what this bipartisan use of our tax dollars is going towards👍

Last edited:
I do need to get off social media for a bit, but me being online or not doesn't make the optics of this suck any less.
you are entitled to your anger. You can be enraged or offended by whatever you’re enraged or offended by. I am never gonna tell someone that their feelings aren’t valid. My point is that if a meme is gonna enrage ya you’re probably better off from a mental health and well-being standpoint to step away from the conversation and take care of yourself.

you are entitled to your anger. You can be enraged or offended by whatever you’re enraged or offended by. I am never gonna tell someone that their feelings aren’t valid. My point is that if a meme is gonna enrage ya you’re probably better off from a mental health and well-being standpoint to step away from the conversation and take care of yourself.
I don't think it's the meme that's enraging. And I know this isn't your intention, but maybe you should take a step back too and realize why people are pissed. The people getting killed can't just step away to work on their mental health, although I'm sure they'd all love to. People should be enraged. If we don't get pissed off over mass murder done with our tax dollars and in our name, then when should we be enraged? It's not a feeling that we should always repress.

It's not the meme by itself, which would otherwise be lame but harmless, but the context and timing of it, which are significantly worse. I appreciate you lookin out though, I know you mean well.

It's not the meme by itself, which would otherwise be lame but harmless, but the context and timing of it, which are significantly worse. I appreciate you lookin out though, I know you mean well.
I apologize if my reply came off as an attack. The shit going on is the world is terrible and you have every right to feel how you feel.

Some of my people occasionally get sucked into social media spirals where they are actively looking for posts that cause them undo stress, anger, rage, anxiety, and despair. I feel like I need to remind them that social media is a dumb cynical place. If terrible memes are making you feel bad then the best thing you can do is stop looking at them. You can be enraged about all the shit happening right now in Gaza without letting a poorly conceived tweet by Biden’s reelection campaign about Taylor Swift and the Super Bowl get to you. Conflating those two things doesn’t accomplish much.

Last edited:
That is up to every individual person but if I arrived to a point where conflating a bad internet meme about Taylor Swift and the Super Bowl with the ongoing atrocities occurring in Gaza I would probably want to unplug and reset for my own personal well being.
Sure it is, which is why you might not need to always share your opinion on how other people should react or what they should be doing on this kind of thing. You can do as you please, of course, including speaking your mind when and however you feel like it, but acting paternalistic can come off as very tone deaf and privileged in some of these situations. Like I said, I don't think that was your intention entirely, but this goes both ways. Your point about social media is certainly true, but so is it true that not being able to get why it's triggering to people and writing it off as social media fatigue is pretty dismissive of genuine issues that are really effecting a lot of people and impact some in very personal ways that you're likely not aware of.

Sure it is, which is why you might not need to always share your opinion on how other people should react or what they should be doing on this kind of thing. You can do as you please, of course, including speaking your mind when and however you feel like it, but acting paternalistic can come off as very tone deaf and privileged in some of these situations. Like I said, I don't think that was your intention entirely, but this goes both ways. Your point about social media is certainly true, but so is it true that not being able to get why it's triggering to people and writing it off as social media fatigue is pretty dismissive of genuine issues that are really effecting a lot of people and impact some in very personal ways that you're likely not aware of.
I understand why it’s triggering. I also understand that being angry about that meme is not helping anybody. My point is if you acknowledge that this meme is triggering then stepping away from social media might be a good idea. Being triggered isn’t a good thing. NPR will offer trigger warnings before almost any news story that talks about violence out of respect for listeners. They do this to allow people the option to remove themselves from the situation because putting one’s self through trauma is not beneficial to one’s wellbeing.

I don't fully agree with this statement. Being triggered can absolutely be a bad thing, yes, but it can also be absolutely useful to forward movement in action, thought or feeling.
This is probably too nuanced of a conversation to have on a message board. I regret bringing up my concerns. I wish you all nothing but the best.

Back