Political Discussion

This is a republican talking point and is frankly, insane. It can only make any sort of slight sense if you consider the hard, hard right shift the Republican party has done as "normal" and within bounds of what most of the party wants.

Or if you listen to Elon Musk, who says he's stayed exactly in the center, and shows the political spectrum with the right remaining fixed and the left exponentially moving to the left.

I'm trying to find a book that I saw listed on Goodreads earlier today to reference here but haven't had any luck yet.

The book was all about the left / Democrats and how the party has pretty much doomed itself.

The political scientist who authored the book pretty much said the party has gone to the extreme left and has abandoned the center where most of their historic, working class base is from.

And to be fair, the author did say both sides have moved to the extreme ends of the spectrum which has resulting in our government being to polarized to function. But somehow the Right has a movement and base behind them as they have shifted further right, where as the Democrats have abandoned their base in doing so.

I'm just sitting here thinking what the actual fuck. The left is in no way or means extreme. They are all mostly centalists in my opinion. The neo liberal policies are not far off from what the right pushes for. Only a hand full of Democrats could be considered far left, and they really are not extreme. They are just left pushing ideas for things like Universal Health Care, you know, something the rest of the developed world already has... This is not extremism people.

Why do we keep hearing about the left moving further left? I just don't see it. I see more central / right movement since the 70's with neoliberalism.
The problem is human nature. It's easier to stoke anger, fear and frustration and the right leans on this. The Left tries to be the "adults in the room", but sometimes, a lot of times, while they are the better "general/normal" option, they come off very cold and wisely. Yes, we have the standout, Katy Porter, AOC and so on, but they're overshadowed by those who just stay in their lane.

The left needs to grow a pair of balls, you can counter the right craziness with a little more fight, fury and a dose of their own medicine without going overboard, but again, they want to portray themselves as the "adults in the room", but times have changed, voters have changed and they aren't changing enough. They're still doing a better job for the people of this country, even though the people seem to overlook it.

Forget parties, and I'd still have to vote Democratic based on which group fits my ideals, wants and needs.

I'm trying to find a book that I saw listed on Goodreads earlier today to reference here but haven't had any luck yet.

The book was all about the left / Democrats and how the party has pretty much doomed itself.

The political scientist who authored the book pretty much said the party has gone to the extreme left and has abandoned the center where most of their historic, working class base is from.

And to be fair, the author did say both sides have moved to the extreme ends of the spectrum which has resulting in our government being to polarized to function. But somehow the Right has a movement and base behind them as they have shifted further right, where as the Democrats have abandoned their base in doing so.

I'm just sitting here thinking what the actual fuck. The left is in no way or means extreme. They are all mostly centalists in my opinion. The neo liberal policies are not far off from what the right pushes for. Only a hand full of Democrats could be considered far left, and they really are not extreme. They are just left pushing ideas for things like Universal Health Care, you know, something the rest of the developed world already has... This is not extremism people.

Why do we keep hearing about the left moving further left? I just don't see it. I see more central / right movement since the 70's with neoliberalism.

The democrats are a centre right party. If he thinks they are on the far left then this guy isn’t far off being a fascist.

The democrats are a centre right party. If he thinks they are on the far left then this guy isn’t far off being a fascist.

I totally agree, and especially when you compare to Europe.

However, in America, virtually all Republicans think the Democrats are far left. And many Democrats feel the party is to far left and abandoned them. They feel like democrats only care about cities and welfare and not their jobs, the economy and keeping prices and taxes down.

I totally agree, and especially when you compare to Europe.

However, in America, virtually all Republicans think the Democrats are far left. And many Democrats feel the party is to far left and abandoned them. They feel like democrats only care about cities and welfare and not their jobs, the economy and keeping prices and taxes down.

They have a point with that last part. The parties who traditionally represented the working classes haven’t for a long time now. The rust belt of America and the post industrial north of England haven’t been effectively represented in a generation. They’re angry and reactionary and that emotion isn’t irrational even if the people they’re looking to are. At this stage the false promises of lunatics are preferable to the ignorance of the likes of the democrats or labour etc. The current political mess may be being exploited by the right for their own gains but to place the blame of its existence entirely there is the left totally ignoring their own culpability.

"Leave my children alone, Engoron," Trump said during a series of Truth Social posts attacking the judge presiding over the ongoing bank fraud trial. "You are a disgrace to the legal profession!"

Joe and Hunter, can you smell the irony
😂

"Leave my children alone, Engoron," Trump said during a series of Truth Social posts attacking the judge presiding over the ongoing bank fraud trial. "You are a disgrace to the legal profession!"

Joe and Hunter, can you smell the irony
😂
Attacking the judge who is the sole decider in your case, it's a bold strategy, Cotton.

Easily the most frustrating thing About the left in the US is we don't have any motherfuckers willing to play dirty like they do on the right. We need somebody the to just shrug and go ahead.

"Oh you can't get a speaker, time to change the way we vote forever. Oh you packed the Supreme Court, great, new rules 39 justices on the SC, here's Biden's list, it includes Hunter Biden, both Obamas, a shoe and a big happy dog. " Get me a super liberal heel to troll the right all fucking day.

Back