Political Discussion

that´s why it is important to keep the doctor office a safe space. We had some discussion in germany a couple of years ago when a pilot downed a passenger plane probably because of a mental disease and the discussion if his psychiatrit should have reported him to the airline, but experts overwhelmingly argued, that while such measures might be able to avoid single tragedies the toll from people not getting help because fearing conseuqences of a doctors or psychiatrist visit would be much graver.
Funny that Germany is now less fascist than America.

👀👀👀

No one is saying this in the US, but it was obvious that policy makers were thinking this. There was talk of savings because of people coming off of Medicare rosters. It’s really awful.
that´s why it is important to keep the doctor office a safe space. We had some discussion in germany a couple of years ago when a pilot downed a passenger plane probably because of a mental disease and the discussion if his psychiatrit should have reported him to the airline, but experts overwhelmingly argued, that while such measures might be able to avoid single tragedies the toll from people not getting help because fearing conseuqences of a doctors or psychiatrist visit would be much graver.
My ex doesn’t want to get a mental health diagnosis because he is afraid it will get in the way of his ability to own guns. He absolutely needs a mental health diagnosis and treatment.

One thing that stands out to me is that in days past, a vote for aid for Israel was always one of the most non-controversial votes. These days our government appears incapable of doing even this because it is to fractured.
I think aid for Israel should be controversial. I’m sure If I hit the link it will anger as to why it is controversial. I don’t need that stress today.

I think aid for Israel should be controversial. I’m sure If I hit the link it will anger as to why it is controversial. I don’t need that stress today.

Right there with you.

Why it's controversial is not what you would expect. But in reality it could be a lot worse reasen than what it is.

The aid package to Israel is $14.3 Billion. The far right included in the package equal cuts to the IRS to offset the aid in the budget. Something that will make every democrat vote no for. And the republican party may be to fractured to pass this on their own.

The typical conservative political agenda these days.

Explain to me the logic behind this.

How can we have people who are for the United States to back Israel and against the ceasefire while at the same time being anti semitic and threatening jewish US citizens.

Anti Semitism, threats and violence are drasticly increased in the United States since the start of this conflict. Especially on college campuses.

Explain to me the logic behind this.

How can we have people who are for the United States to back Israel and against the ceasefire while at the same time being anti semitic and threatening jewish US citizens.

Anti Semitism, threats and violence are drasticly increased in the United States since the start of this conflict. Especially on college campuses.
I've been reading a lot about this seeming cognitive disonance. People like MTG go on about Soros and jewish space lasers, but are lockstep behind Israel and their actions. Why is that?

It boils down to both the US and Israel's original creations as white, european settler colonies in places originally inhabited by indigenous people of color. The original tenants of zionism were (and still are) significantly more racialized and right wing than American liberals like or care to think about. A jewish comedian I follow made a joke about how American politicians are scrambling trying to decide of they hate jews or brown people more right now, which is actually a pretty trenchant observation. MTG is using Rashida Talib's criticism of Israel to censure her in the House, so that answers that question in her regard. Not to mention both American parties love nothing more than warmongering, no matter who it's against.

Here's a great (jewish) source and organization on the creation of zionism and how it's manipulated millions into giving Israel a free pass to commit atrocities in broad daylight. The ADL has labeled Jewish Voice for Peace an anti-semitic hate group, an insane statement which should tell you all you need to know.

Last edited:
I've been reading a lot about this seeming cognitive disonance. People like MTG go on about Soros and jewish space lasers, but are lockstep behind Israel and their actions. Why is that?

It boils down to both the US and Israel's original creations as white, european settler colonies in places originally inhabited by indigenous people of color. The original tenants of zionism were (and still are) significantly more racialized and right wing than American liberals like or care to think about. A jewish comedian I follow made a joke about how American politicians are scrambling trying to decide of they hate jews or brown people more right now, which is actually a pretty trenchant observation. MTG is using Rashida Talib's criticism of Israel to censure her in the House, so that answers that question in her regard. Not to mention both American parties love nothing more than warmongering, no matter who it's against.

Here's a great (jewish) source and organization on the creation of zionism and how it's manipulated millions into giving Israel a free pass to commit atrocities in broad daylight. The ADL has labeled Jewish Voice for Peace an anti-semitic hate group, an insane statement which should tell you all you need to know.
Coincidentally, today is the anniversary of the Balfour agreement. Hertzl went to the UK for help establishing Israel because what other country knew more about oppressive colonialism. The first british governor of Jerusalem called it a "Little Ulster" for England in "a sea of hostile arabism". Speaks for itself.

Coincidentally, today is the anniversary of the Balfour agreement. Hertzl went to the UK for help establishing Israel because what other country knew more about oppressive colonialism. The first british governor of Jerusalem called it a "Little Ulster" for England in "a sea of hostile arabism". Speaks for itself.

Where there’s a messy bloody partition that entrenches the power of a subjugated majority, as opposed to the power of the actual majority over the entire territory, then you know Britain has had its hands in there.

PS. And as an aside, and in addition to the article I posted earlier there is a long and proud history of solidarity between Irish republicanism and both Arab and Indian republicanism, in terms of whom they were fighting for it and the methods and goals. Depresisngly all three were hi jacked by religious extremists. Thankfully we appear to be coming out the other end of that last bit now.

Last edited:

When did rounding up all the homeless and putting them in tent cities become a campaign promise. 😳

Or involuntary long term commitment:

Large psychiatric hospitals lost credibility in part because they ended up simply warehousing people, rather than doing much to treat them. Facilities that want to receive federal Medicaid money are now capped at a certain size.

• There's a push in some academic and policy circles to lift or even remove that cap, allowing facilities to take in and treat more patients.
  • But that's different from committing people against their will — an approach that some Democrats, including New York City Mayor Eric Adams, also want to expand
The (Trump) administration wanted to find a city to partner with, to move people out of encampments "and get them into a place that was built and maintained with law and order, to get the people stabilized and moved into institutions if possible and moved on to other care," Grogan said.

• "We weren't going to invade a municipality and take control of the homeless situation. We'd have to have a mayor who would say, 'You're right, I'm at a breaking point, we need help,'" he added, and the administration was "having significant discussions with a couple mayors in California."
This is alllll sus to me.

I'm trying to find a book that I saw listed on Goodreads earlier today to reference here but haven't had any luck yet.

The book was all about the left / Democrats and how the party has pretty much doomed itself.

The political scientist who authored the book pretty much said the party has gone to the extreme left and has abandoned the center where most of their historic, working class base is from.

And to be fair, the author did say both sides have moved to the extreme ends of the spectrum which has resulting in our government being to polarized to function. But somehow the Right has a movement and base behind them as they have shifted further right, where as the Democrats have abandoned their base in doing so.

I'm just sitting here thinking what the actual fuck. The left is in no way or means extreme. They are all mostly centalists in my opinion. The neo liberal policies are not far off from what the right pushes for. Only a hand full of Democrats could be considered far left, and they really are not extreme. They are just left pushing ideas for things like Universal Health Care, you know, something the rest of the developed world already has... This is not extremism people.

Why do we keep hearing about the left moving further left? I just don't see it. I see more central / right movement since the 70's with neoliberalism.

Why do we keep hearing about the left moving further left? I just don't see it. I see more central / right movement since the 70's with neoliberalism.

This is a republican talking point and is frankly, insane. It can only make any sort of slight sense if you consider the hard, hard right shift the Republican party has done as "normal" and within bounds of what most of the party wants.

Back