Political Discussion

Not to be crude, but he's a shit stain of a human so whatever. Looks like Mitch was stroking out during a Q&A with reporters again. These old people who refuse to give up power (Diane can f right off too) are another big reason why democracy in America is f'ed.

I saw Jake Trapper getting grief for asking if Biden being 81 is a concern. And it absolutely is! Trump's too old too. I know some spry 85 year olds who are just as sharp as ever, and are better than any of these fools in their prime, and they still don't need to be in any of these positions of power. It's time to pull their grip from their cold still alive hands.

OMG - I just saw the video. He has to go now. People who have no clue where they are should never have so much power in government.

While I get that experience has its merits, it only does to a point. There should be a mandatory retirement age for all politicians, and it should be WELL BEFORE 80.

I think 60 is a great cutoff point for any politician. I’d be willing to go a little lower, but 60 seems fair. Once you hit that limit, pack yer bags and get out of the way.

I’m only picking an age because ideally I’d like to see term limits, but I don’t see that ever happening.
This seems fair to me too. Honestly that should be retirement age across the board. Make it so that people can retire and force them to go do something fun or beneficial to society if they're bored.

I think 60 is a great cutoff point for any politician. I’d be willing to go a little lower, but 60 seems fair. Once you hit that limit, pack yer bags and get out of the way.

I’m only picking an age because ideally I’d like to see term limits, but I don’t see that ever happening.

I'd even be willing to see it as high as 70, to be honest, but once past that - no thanks! 60 is definitely very reasonable, though. Let the people that still have more stake in the world take up the reigns of running it. Also, mandatory retirement age may lead to more mentorship if people know for sure their last couple of years are going to be their last couple of years.

I'd even be willing to see it as high as 70, to be honest, but once past that - no thanks! 60 is definitely very reasonable, though. Let the people that still have more stake in the world take up the reigns of running it. Also, mandatory retirement age may lead to more mentorship if people know for sure their last couple of years are going to be their last couple of years.

70 is too high for me.

I could see an argument for lower than 60 even—the requirement that your life expectancy precludes you have to live with the consequences of how you governed. At least give them some stakes! No reason that the generations that follow have to carry this old-ass self-important yoke constantly.

I could see an argument for lower than 60 even—the requirement that your life expectancy precludes you have to live with the consequences of how you governed. At least give them some stakes! No reason that the generations that follow have to carry this old-ass self-important yoke constantly.

I’d be on board for 55.

Alternatively, how many of you had a moment when you turned 35 and thought, “It’s totally and completely insane that I’m legally eligible to be president of the whole COUNTRY now”? It’s laughably young.
Back when your life expectancy was 45 it made sense.

EDIT: Apparently it was more like 38 at the dawn of the states.

Back when your life expectancy was 45 it made sense.

EDIT: Apparently it was more like 38 at the dawn of the states.
Yeah but isn’t that stat always flagged as misleading because it doesn’t account for the infant mortality rate?

I forget what the cutoff is, but isn’t it something like if you lived past the childhood illness era and weren’t conscripted into any wars then your life expectancy was well into your 60s/70s?

Back