Political Discussion

Oral Arguments about Student Loan Debt Forgiveness are happening at the SCOTUS today. While Bidden is confident, I am not. Not with this court. Bidden's whole defense is that no one can prove they were hurt, therefor the challenge should not exist.

In other Student Loan related stuff. I was looking up how you rehabilitate a defaulted federal loan. And they make this as hard as possible apparently. You can't do it online or over the phone. You have to either mail or fax all the forms. Get forms back, mail or fax them back. Electronic signatures are not accepted. So that means I can't use my apple pencil to sign a form and e-fax it. I would need to print everything and sign it. Then either scan to e-fax or mail. Thing is, my printer is so infrequently used it's print quality is shit as the ink is always either dried up or clogged.

They also require you to mail them a copy of your most recent tax return, so they can determent a repayment plan of 15% of your income, which they consider affordable. Issue for me is I also have private student loans who also want 15%, and they don't take those into consideration. So 30% of my income needs to go to student loans. Which is not financially possible for me living in a high rent area. Try to explain that to them on the phone and they just tell me about how I'm leaving above my means, and say I should look into relocating or getting a room mate. How I wish I could bitch slap a person every time they tell me I need to do that.

Oh, and btw, wage garnishments can continue or begin during the 10th month rehabilitation period and these garnishments do not count towards your required monthly payments to rehabilitate your loan. So, if you loans were already being garnished, they will resume being garnished as soon as the pause on payments ends. They can also start wage garnishments during the duration of the rehabilitation period once the pause ends and I think this would apply to me. As they took my February 2020 Tax return as a garnishment but hasn't hit wages yet.

The deadline to enter a rehabilitation program is apparently until the end of the pause of the student loan payment pause. Once that ends, there is no way to get a defaulted loan out of default. Only make repayment arrangements. So looking at all the info, It could take a couple months to process the rehabilitation and enter an agreement. And if that isn't completed by the time Bidden ends the pause, I'm SOL.

Guess I waited to long to find out that this was an option as it's not something that's been widely talked a bout during the student loan pause. I only found out about it from an article that brought up what are borrowers options.

Last edited:

Not surprised. Expected as much from them.

Was paying attention to the live story timeline on cnn earlier. The conservative justices don't give two craps about whether or not anyone can prove damages. To them this is a seperation of power case and as mentioned in the article above, they are very skeptical if Biden has this power at all, even under the COVID emergency with questions like asking how this relates to COVID and other covid related EOs.

Edit: New article.

Last edited:

Not surprised. Expected as much from them.

Was paying attention to the live story timeline on cnn earlier. The conservative justices don't give two craps about whether or not anyone can prove damages. To them this is a seperation of power case and as mentioned in the article above, they are very skeptical if Biden has this power at all, even under the COVID emergency with questions like asking how this relates to COVID and other covid related EOs.

Edit: New article.

"The Supreme Court’s Conservatives Tried Very Hard Today to Find a Good Reason to Screw Biden"

Love this headline. Even though it sucks that it's reality it's very accurate to what went down today.

And even if they didn't find a good reason to "Screw Biden", they most likely still will.
This current court cares about advancing conservative ideals. Doesn’t matter what constitutional argument, precedent, or legal justification exists. If it is in opposition to a Democrat, assume they will rule against them.

Edit: I also put blame on Biden for dragging his feet on this specific topic. He had more than ample time to introduce this at the start of his term and worked with congress to find some solution or compromise. I’ve felt like some of this was purely for campaign fodder.

This current court cares about advancing conservative ideals. Doesn’t matter what constitutional argument, precedent, or legal justification exists. If it is in opposition to a Democrat, assume they will rule against them.

Edit: I also put blame on Biden for dragging his feet on this specific topic. He had more than ample time to introduce this at the start of his term and worked with congress to find some solution or compromise. I’ve felt like some of this was purely for campaign fodder.
Oh, like how we could have codified Rowe in the 1970’s and then again during Obama’s presidency but decided it was better to have it tentative because it would cause people to vote Democrat if they thought their reproductive rights were at risk. I’m so burnt out on this current class of politicians who are only worried about reelection instead of actually making things better for the working class in America (and by working class, I mean people who work for income instead of relying on assets like property or stocks for income).

Of course Ted Cruz was involved.

The latest GOP conspiracy is "Anti Catholic Bias at the FBI". And they are talking about it to score political points on their score cards.
Anti-catholic bias ; anti-white racism felt by Billionaires,
seems like this world is run by black trans lesbians if you listen to those people

Wow, what strange times we live in.

Apple has announced that it's closing a retail store in North Carolina after multiple shootings in the area, including one deadline one inside the Apple Store earlier this year. The store will be rebuilt in nearby Charlotte and open sometime next year.

Progress of closing the pay gap stalled around 2002 and stayed pretty consistent since then only increasing by 2 cents over the last 20 years. This is despite more women than men have college degrees.

Walmart is closing both Portland locations.

These store closures will disproportionately impact people with low income, as this area was already considered a food dessert.

No official answer as to why they are closing the stores other than they said they were underperforming.

Makes me wonder if they unionized or if Portland has it's own minimum wage. Also seen some speculation that shop lifting is out of control and could be the cause.

Wow, what strange times we live in.

Apple has announced that it's closing a retail store in North Carolina after multiple shootings in the area, including one deadline one inside the Apple Store earlier this year. The store will be rebuilt in nearby Charlotte and open sometime next year.
report I saw didn't say anything about a shooting inside the store. It also stated that the closing had already been planned (the mall is failing), the shootings merely accelerated those plans.

Surprise surprise. More than two years after the mandate that required hospitals to post their actual prices, there is still a major non compliancy problem.

report I saw didn't say anything about a shooting inside the store. It also stated that the closing had already been planned (the mall is failing), the shootings merely accelerated those plans.

My bad, the shooting inside an Apple Store was actually at another location. I just assumed it was the same one.

Back