Political Discussion

My ex drill Sargent friend says differently. He talks about a lot of conflict that didn’t exactly get any notice.

Undoubtedly but generally off books of FSB/CIA actions interfering or small scale skirmishes and flashpoints. They were never both directly at war on opposing sides in the same country at the same time

It seems for the locations that have unionized, Starbucks and the unions have failed to negotiate at the gardening table. Each party pointing their finger at the other party and there inability to budge from their demands. It's pretty clear Starbucks in it's CEO are anti union.

Moreover though, this article talks about Starbucks CEO, and how he said believes the push for unionization has nothing to do with Starbucks, but a souring of conditions for young workers at the macro level in our country. Inflation, the cost of living and healthcare have all accumulated to young workers losing trust.
Nice of him to recognize parts of the core issue and continue to hold fast on the same practices that lead to such distrust 🙃. I get/assume some of what he is saying is PR speech, but why waste time if he has zero intention to change? CEOs truly are the worst.

Caught up on the latest episode of John Oliver last night.

First part of the episode is about the toxic train wreck in Ohio, followed by psychedelics.

Well worth the watch.

Also, psychedelic therapy, if approved likely will be very expensive. Where talking like $15,000 per session expensive. The drug companies are already aggressively seeking and obtaining patents. They even got one for therapist talking to a patient under psychedelics. Isn't that just a therapist doing what they always do? How can they patent that.

First part of the episode is about the toxic train wreck in Ohio, followed by psychedelics.

Well worth the watch.

Also, psychedelic therapy, if approved likely will be very expensive. Where talking like $15,000 per session expensive. The drug companies are already aggressively seeking and obtaining patents. They even got one for therapist talking to a patient under psychedelics. Isn't that just a therapist doing what they always do? How can they patent that.
Hypothetically speaking one could also take matters into their own hands via a service like Schedule 35. Hypothetically speaking.

Well worth the watch.

this falls under…you can’t have problems if you aren’t able to stitch together the loose threads of reality to conceptualize them.

Norfolk Southern is paying $6.5 million to derailment victims. Meanwhile, it’s shelling out $7.5 billion for shareholders​

👀

This shit-stain who graduated from my high school announced his candidacy for president on Tuesday. I stopped my yearly donation after he was the commencement speaker a few years back and then joined the board of directors. He's the woooooooorst.

This shit-stain who graduated from my high school announced his candidacy for president on Tuesday. I stopped my yearly donation after he was the commencement speaker a few years back and then joined the board of directors. He's the woooooooorst.

Don't despair, this guy won't even rise to a level of prominence that would earn him a disparaging and racist nickname from DJT.

I’m pretty sure I think his hair is stupid but I’ll wait for Uncle Joe to tell me it’s okay.

“content of character and your contributions” means being in the 1%, right?

So I guess as with any disaster, the toxic train wreck Ohio is turning into very partisan politics and scorecards.

Republicans are all over Joe Biden for paying more attention to Ukraine than the Train wreck, both with federal spending and his "lavish trip" to Ukraine as they are calling it instead of taking care of Americans here at home in America.

While Democrats all all over Republicans for budget cuts and repealing a a safety requirement that could of potentially prevented or at the minimum, mitigated this wreck.

People on the ground in Ohio are not getting enough help or answers. And this only makes them Embrace the GOP who they feel have their back more than the democrats. Kind of Ironic, because the GOP's policies very well could have contributed to this.

Trains currently use the same breaking technology invented over 150 years ago, where the break signal is passed one car at a time. Electronic breaks would sent the break signal to all cars at once allowing the train to stop faster and over shorter distances. And in the case of a derailment, it can help slow down the back of the train and prevent it from just piling up on the wreck. Makes sense right? So why don't we have it yet? Money. The Railroads don't want to pay for it. And they were successfully able to lobby for and get the Trump administration to repeal the mandate the Obama administration passed that required them for hazardous trains.

In a case like this 2.8 km long train with more than 100 cars, the break signal can take more than a full minute to reach the back of the train.

Back