Political Discussion

Fair enough, the point of the vid still made me laugh ;)

*Moved to TN at 10 and grew up there. Tomato/Tomoto
To be fair, I wasn’t making a comment on the video itself. Just pointing out a particular fact. Moving to Nashville at age 14 to pursue a career in country music ain’t the same as being from The South. Not by a country mile. Hell, being born in yankee territory to Southerners because of temporary assignment like military service barely lets you slide in that gate. Tomato/rutabaga.😝

Last edited:
To be fair, I wasn’t making a comment on the video itself. Just pointing out a particular fact. Moving to Nashville at age 14 to pursue a career in country music ain’t the same as being from The South. Not by a country mile. Hell, being born in yankee territory to Southerners because of temporary assignment like military service barely lets you slide in that gate. Tomato/rutabaga.😝
I have had to correct an ohio friend more than once that Miami (and Orlando or the Keys) is not really "The South".

She started calling me FloridaMan after that.

file under: #win the battle lose the war

While both of those are true facts, I can’t say they are related. I’ve known plenty of smart folks from Missippi (spell it like you say it).

Yeah my grandmother lived in Forest, west of Meridian most of her life and I spent a lot of my summers in Biloxi and Gulfport. I went to school at the University of Alabama. The running joke when I was down there, was you know what Alabamians say, thank God for Mississippi because Alabama is usually 49th in everything and Mississippi is 50th.

I need to hook you up with my family in Atlanta..............from Italy, lived in Chicago for most of their youth, moved to Atlanta and you would have to fight them tooth and nail as to if they're "Southerners", lol.

It's a side bar at best for this particular video/comment is all I'm saying ;)

I need to hook you up with my family in Atlanta..............from Italy, lived in Chicago for most of their youth, moved to Atlanta and you would have to fight them tooth and nail as to if they're "Southerners", lol.

It's a side bar at best for this particular video/comment is all I'm saying ;)
To a yankee it’s a sidebar, to a Southron it is THE hill to die on. 😂

*Your relatives aren’t just Yankees, they’re damn Yankees.

(Meanwhile it was 130 degrees in Death Valley this past weekend)

Last edited:
That said, Biden is proving surprising progressive in regards to workers rights:

Last edited:
EDD is a huge mess in California.

EDD are unemployment benefits paid through a debit card. Bank of America provides the debit cards / accounts to people receiving benefits. However, Bank of America wants out of that contract after losing $200 Million in fraud last year. State lawmakers also want Bank of America ousted after how they handled the fraud. But only EDD can make the decision, and they renewed Bank of Americas contract much to Bank of Americas objection.

California residence have been complaining about their accounts being drained before debit cards even come in the mail. People filing fraud claims often found their fraud claim denied and their accounts suspended. In some cases even their person bank and credit cards accounts being suspended / closed out as well.

Stay lawmakers blame BofA for the lack of security. Such as no chips on the debit cards. Bank of America blames people for filing false fraud claims which also was happening. And people who actually suffered any form of fraud were being treated like criminals by Bank of Americas automated fraud prevention software, which state legislators believe may be illegal in how it handled some peoples accounts.

this is particularly a problem on Miami Beach. My mother used to live on the beach -- and not like, right on the coast, but maybe a mile off -- and the under-building garage regularly flooded. When I was a kid we'd get king tides maybe once every few years, now it's at least once a year, sometimes twice. And of course during storms. November King Tides Are Here
We have a lot of the same problems but we aren't on limestone--we're on river deposits and clay. Normally developers just make the ground floor (or two) into parking because if it floods, it would only flood the parking. We also know that if you get the option to take the second story apartment, you take the second story apartment. New Orleans has become a bowl from ground sinking and a large portion of the city is under sea level. My house is 14 feet above sea level and we are on high ground.
Marsha isn't either. She is from Mississippi. That is why I'm guessing she's so dumb.
Um, I lived in Mississippi for most of my childhood and know plenty smart people from Mississippi. Most of them got the hell out, but there are still plenty of smart, good people in and from Mississippi.

(Meanwhile it was 130 degrees in Death Valley this past weekend)

I know that you are really highlighting the weather, but have you been following the EPA whistleblower stuff? It turns out that the EPA might be about as corrupt as the FDA (I'm looking at their recent approval of Biogen's alzheimer's drug).

MANAGERS AND CAREER STAFF in the Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention tampered with the assessments of dozens of chemicals to make them appear safer, according to four scientists who work at the agency. The whistleblowers, whose jobs involve identifying the potential harms posed by new chemicals, provided The Intercept with detailed evidence of pressure within the agency to minimize or remove evidence of potential adverse effects of the chemicals, including neurological effects, birth defects, and cancer.

On several occasions, information about hazards was deleted from agency assessments without informing or seeking the consent of the scientists who authored them. Some of these cases led the EPA to withhold critical information from the public about potentially dangerous chemical exposures. In other cases, the removal of the hazard information or the altering of the scientists’ conclusions in reports paved the way for the use of chemicals, which otherwise would not have been allowed on the market.

Um, I lived in Mississippi for most of my childhood and know plenty smart people from Mississippi. Most of them got the hell out, but there are still plenty of smart, good people in and from Mississippi.
Oh I know that, Like I said my grandmother and grandfather lived in Forest most of their life and were some of my favorite people on the planet before they passed. Their are plenty of stupid and good people everywhere.

If the governor holds true to his promise, he's going to not pay all the texas house democrats via executive order for job abandonment.

Breaking out the popcorn 🍿

We have a lot of the same problems but we aren't on limestone--we're on river deposits and clay. Normally developers just make the ground floor (or two) into parking because if it floods, it would only flood the parking. We also know that if you get the option to take the second story apartment, you take the second story apartment. New Orleans has become a bowl from ground sinking and a large portion of the city is under sea level. My house is 14 feet above sea level and we are on high ground.

I know that you are really highlighting the weather, but have you been following the EPA whistleblower stuff? It turns out that the EPA might be about as corrupt as the FDA (I'm looking at their recent approval of Biogen's alzheimer's drug).

MANAGERS AND CAREER STAFF in the Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention tampered with the assessments of dozens of chemicals to make them appear safer, according to four scientists who work at the agency. The whistleblowers, whose jobs involve identifying the potential harms posed by new chemicals, provided The Intercept with detailed evidence of pressure within the agency to minimize or remove evidence of potential adverse effects of the chemicals, including neurological effects, birth defects, and cancer.

On several occasions, information about hazards was deleted from agency assessments without informing or seeking the consent of the scientists who authored them. Some of these cases led the EPA to withhold critical information from the public about potentially dangerous chemical exposures. In other cases, the removal of the hazard information or the altering of the scientists’ conclusions in reports paved the way for the use of chemicals, which otherwise would not have been allowed on the market.

Ya. I was referring to both as the problems are interlaced. Hadn't seen that Intercept article though. Thanks for the heads up.

Back