Political Discussion

I need a little bit of help with the Ted Cruz thing.

Is he a totally repugnant, malignant, hypocritical, corrupt, dishonest, unctuous piece of shit? ABSOLUTELY.

Do I need literal breaking news alerts coming to me on my phone confirming that he did go to Cancun? Not at all.

I just...don’t quite get why THIS is the thing he’s gonna twist in the wind for. Leaving Texas in a crisis is bad optics, totally, but it’s not like he abandoned his post — his post isn’t even in business this week, and even if it was, his post has nothing to do with the state’s energy policy.

But I know that argument is tired and ignores the power a US Senator can wield to pull strings for people in need. Okay. I’ll accept that. But that implies that Ted is the kind of guy who WOULD do that, if only he were in town. Does anyone believe that if the Cruzes had stayed in Texas, that he would be doing ANYTHING substantive to alleviate his constituents’ suffering? No way. He’d be tweeting and going on Fox to blame this on leftists, and still using his privilege to stay warm and connected to the grid.

Dunking on Cruz is great but is it actually important in this instance in some way that I’m missing? How is he gonna draw nationwide criticism for THIS but not for helping to incite the Capitol riot and then using his position as a juror to conspire with the defense to get Trump acquitted? Motherfucker clearly feels no shame, or any compulsion to help his fellow Texans, so what was accomplished here?

Is he a totally repugnant, malignant, hypocritical, corrupt, dishonest, unctuous piece of shit? ABSOLUTELY.

Do I need literal breaking news alerts coming to me on my phone confirming that he did go to Cancun? Not at all.

I just...don’t quite get why THIS is the thing he’s gonna twist in the wind for. Leaving Texas in a crisis is bad optics, totally, but it’s not like he abandoned his post — his post isn’t even in business this week, and even if it was, his post has nothing to do with the state’s energy policy.

But I know that argument is tired and ignores the power a US Senator can wield to pull strings for people in need. Okay. I’ll accept that. But that implies that Ted is the kind of guy who WOULD do that, if only he were in town. Does anyone believe that if the Cruzes had stayed in Texas, that he would be doing ANYTHING substantive to alleviate his constituents’ suffering? No way. He’d be tweeting and going on Fox to blame this on leftists, and still using his privilege to stay warm and connected to the grid.

Dunking on Cruz is great but is it actually important in this instance in some way that I’m missing? How is he gonna draw nationwide criticism for THIS but not for helping to incite the Capitol riot and then using his position as a juror to conspire with the defense to get Trump acquitted? Motherfucker clearly feels no shame, or any compulsion to help his fellow Texans, so what was accomplished here?
I wonder if it's just the straw that broke the camel's back. You can only be a total fuckhead for so long before you eventually eat shit.

I wonder if it's just the straw that broke the camel's back. You can only be a total fuckhead for so long before you eventually eat shit.

One thing’s for sure...

Does anyone believe that if the Cruzes had stayed in Texas, that he would be doing ANYTHING substantive to alleviate his constituents’ suffering? No way. He’d be tweeting and going on Fox to blame this on leftists,

...it’s impossible to underestimate the man:

I think the only difference here is that there isn't really anything he can say to make it look better to his average voter. I don't have faith that it is different enough to change anything and it certainly isn't the worst thing he's done this year. Too bad it is harder to convince them on the more tangible things that you mention.

Last edited:
Best comments I heard yesterday regarding the traitor and coward Ted Cruz:

’he looks like a blob fish at sea level combined with those blockhead bros from Gumby’

‘but he’s a moldy ass biscuit and deserves zero kindness or respect’

🤣😂🤣

No shit. Floridians are welcome to not cast the first stone.

Trump had 4 years to beef up the infrastructure of our country. Infrastructure, the easiest, most bipartisan agenda you can get through both houses of Congress. Something everyone actually agrees the government is in charge of and should spend money to improve. But instead, a stupid wall was more important.

Back