Political Discussion

The Trump Administrations war on Immigration has gone too far.

A volunteer for the humanitarian aid group No More Deaths faces 3 felony charges tied to his arrest last year.

What did he do? He left food and water in the dessert for immigrants crossing the boarder. So they wouldn't die of starvation or dehydration. And search and rescue of those immigrants in need of immediate care. This is what the humanitarian aid group does as well as many others.

The charges he faces could land him up to 20 years in prison. His trial is getting started this week.

The Trump administration is sending a very clear message. Humanitarian groups cannot aid illegal immigrants and their help of illegal immigrants will no longer be tolerated by border control agents who previously looked the other way.
This right here is what pisses me off about conservative “Christians”. They’ll take away a woman’s right to decide what’s best for her body in the name of Christianity, but deny immigrants food and water. Once a child is out of the womb, they don’t give a flying fuck about anyone other than themselves. And even when they’re in the womb, they ONLY care because they don’t want to pay for anyone else’s abortion.

This right here is what pisses me off about conservative “Christians”. They’ll take away a woman’s right to decide what’s best for her body in the name of Christianity, but deny immigrants food and water. Once a child is out of the womb, they don’t give a flying fuck about anyone other than themselves. And even when they’re in the womb, they ONLY care because they don’t want to pay for anyone else’s abortion.
you mean they aren't following Isaiah 55

Ho, everyone who thirsts,
come to the waters;
and you that have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without price.

Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread,
and your labor for that which does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to me, and eat what is good,
and delight yourselves in rich food.

Incline your ear, and come to me;
listen, so that you may live.
I will make with you an everlasting covenant,
my steadfast, sure love for David.

See, I made him a witness to the peoples,
a leader and commander for the peoples.

See, you shall call nations that you do not know,
and nations that do not know you shall run to you,
because of the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel,
for he has glorified you.

you mean they aren't following Isaiah 55

Ho, everyone who thirsts,
come to the waters;
and you that have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without price.

Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread,
and your labor for that which does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to me, and eat what is good,
and delight yourselves in rich food.

Incline your ear, and come to me;
listen, so that you may live.
I will make with you an everlasting covenant,
my steadfast, sure love for David.

See, I made him a witness to the peoples,
a leader and commander for the peoples.

See, you shall call nations that you do not know,
and nations that do not know you shall run to you,
because of the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel,
for he has glorified you.
I think that’s been redacted.

I think have redacted most of the Bible except Leviticus and some culturally out of context passages from Paul
Oh, they LOVE parts of Leviticus, but only the parts that validate their positions. When you go asking them if they wear fabric of mixed fibers or eat shellfish, then excuse after excuse as to why those aren’t valid.

Oh, they LOVE parts of Leviticus, but only the parts that validate their positions. When you go asking them if they wear fabric of mixed fibers or eat shellfish, then excuse after excuse as to why those aren’t valid.
yep, this is why I don't use the term evangelical for myself even though I believe in the meaning of the word (at least sharing through deeds and respect and only with words if asked)

yep, this is why I don't use the term evangelical for myself even though I believe in the meaning of the word (at least sharing through deeds and respect and only with words if asked)
I consider myself an eXvangelical. Honestly, I’ve had trouble with my faith lately, mostly because of the hypocrisy of the Christian right. I try to tell myself that this little experiment is a test....a separation of the sheep from the goats....and they’re the goats.

I consider myself an eXvangelical. Honestly, I’ve had trouble with my faith lately, mostly because of the hypocrisy of the Christian right. I try to tell myself that this little experiment is a test....a separation of the sheep from the goats....and they’re the goats.
hey do what you need to do, the current religious climate in the US is pretty terrible from a national perspective and not in the way the NT talks about.

Last edited:
I have the saddest hunch that 2020 is gonna be 2nd verse same as the 1st

I mean Bernie bros will be back in action and make the democratic election difficult, and sadly Warren isn't winning well in the polls, but the one person people are saying would win the primary is Biden, who is super safe and very much not gonna make much progress and just give us even more of "establishment choice" vibe just like they said with Hillary. So it feels like things aren't change and it's annoying

The phrase Bernie Bro is term created by media for the sake of propaganda. See the fact that he has the highest support amongst Latinos and had far and away the most support among millenial females in 2016. I spent 1000s of hours canvassing for Bernie last go-round in 3 different states and rarely came across a "bro". I did come across a lot of disillusioned, frustrated and economically suffering people (of all stripes) who were pouring their energy into a campaign that the media and DNC were determined to undermine at every turn.

Furthermore, only 10 percent of Bernie supporters voted for Trump. Contrast that when as high as 25% Clinton supporters voted for McCain in 08. I'd add that much of Bernie's success in 16' came from courting independents and bringing typical non-voters into the fold (which is exactly why he had people like me canvassing without a voter registration list). So of course some of them stayed home.

Much else of what you say I agree with. The only paradigm shifters are Bernie and Warren. Unfortunately, they are splitting each others support which makes Biden seem inevitable. And as somebody who called Trump winning the GOP nomination in Oct of 15' (after canvassing at a car show in Burbank and seeing from a ground level where conservative's head were at) and Trump defeating Clinton (the minute she secured the nomination) -- I think Biden is Clinton 2.0 in every sense except that people find him inherently likeable for some reason.

And in the case that he does defeat Trump, there is little upside-- he's even less likely to listen to grass roots or move to the left than Clinton was. Fuck, he's already calling for a middle ground on climate change and chastising millennials for our beliefs-- while we suffer through this boomer-wasteland of an economy and decide whether to have kids knowing that we are at risk of seeing an apocalyptic environmental situation when we are hitting retirement age (as if most of us are even gonna be able to retire).

Last edited:
To me, a right is something intrinsic to the self. A good example is the right to remain silent. Of course it is your right because, realistically speaking, I can't make you not be silent. Same for bearing arms so long as we are flexible with the definition of being armed. So, while it may be illegal the law simply infringes upon the right as opposed to removing it. If it can be removed then it is a privilege instead.

So it is with one's body. Abortion can be illegal or not but they will still happen. Vaccinations can be mandated but they will still be evaded. Thus, I refute your idea that rights are an antiquated notion. It is simply a new ideology to deny the fact that rights do exist. Otherwise, I thank you for your rather long winded exposition that boils down to saying that no, you do not want people to have the right to their own bodies.

Except that the whole problem with modern America is that boils down to three things:

A) We have been taught repeatedly post-Carter to be individualistic and put profit and (by extention) our own happiness over the well being of the other people (and species) that we share this delicate planet with.

B) The right has (successfully) demonized intellectualism and knowledge for decades now while also intentionally rotting the public school systems.

C) The extremely wealthy have maneuvered A and B into a situation where economic inequality is rampant and people / communities are suffering AND they own the media outlets.

People who are anti-vaccine are a direct result of A & B.

Last edited:
Not to be one note, but this is case in point.

To quote an activist I know: "The DNC won't host a climate debate-- and if any candidates participate in any such debate in another venue, they will find themselves excluded from the DNC debate stage. This is what is known as "soft (headed) climate denial."

And I can't help but think this has everything to do with Biden. He's corporate America's pick and they want the issue ignored. So the DNC is never going to allow a light to be shone on the fact that Biden doesn't give two fucks about climate change.

To quote an activist I know: "The DNC won't host a climate debate-- and if any candidates participate in any such debate in another venue, they will find themselves excluded from the DNC debate stage. This is what is known as "soft (headed) climate denial."

And I can't help but think this has everything to do with Biden. He's corporate America's pick and they want the issue ignored. So the DNC is never going to allow a light to be shone on the fact that Biden doesn't give two fucks about climate change.
(n)

Just burn it all down tbh.

Back