Political Discussion

Anyone here follow the Social Media hearing on Capitol Hill yesterday?

What a shit show. What was supposed to be protecting the social media companies from liability from what their users post turned into lawmakers from both sides of the aisle pointing fingers at each other and heating arguments.

In addition the GOP attacked social media companies over "censorship".

Ted Cruz:
"Who the hell elected you and put you in charge of what the media are allowed to report and what the American people are allowed to hear?" Cruz asked Dorsey, asserting that Twitter was functioning as "a Democratic super PAC.

While he focused most of his ire on Twitter, whose conduct he said “has been by far the most egregious,” Cruz declared that he views all three companies represented at the hearing — which also included the heads of Facebook and Google — as “the single greatest threat to free speech in America and the greatest threat we have to free and fair elections.”

I love how Cruz was asked removing posts from Holocaust Deniers fits into either being the greatest threat to free speech in American history or to free and fair elections. Of course we never got an answer from Cruz.

These people are buffoons. They need to choose one; either “Freedom of Speech” (which doesn’t really apply here) or “Cancel Culture” (which doesn’t either). This argument is dumb.
I guess the GOP's new platform of wanting the entire internet to be 4chan shouldn't be as surprising at it is to me.

My parents are all aboard the Hunter Biden Tucker Carlson train. And when I sent them the judge's ruling on him, they responded that they don't care about him, it's about who he's interviewing.

No, no it's not. IT'S THE SAME THING.

Back