Political Discussion

Edit: Obama survived this fuck up
Saying small town folks “cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them” (however true to some degree it may be) and then apologizing for it

=/=

Calling a blue collar worker "full of shit" to their face.

Whether it's right or wrong there is now a narrative that Biden has dementia and half of America already believe it and that's without the republican PR machine in full campaigning mode. Biden will lose big against Trump.

I think whether Biden wins really boils down to who he picks as VP. If he picks a Tim Kaine as his VP, then they might as well mail it in. If he picks someone strong he has a chance.

bloody hell. This is a bit of a scary read.

That's why i think what goes under #flattenthecurve is so important. The more we can slow zhe spread down by measures the less overwhelmed the hospital system gets. We will have thousands of infections in basically every country but if we can stretchit over weeks and months hospitals will be able to deal with it. And we will have to protect the elderly and those with preexisting conditions. Christian Drosten, the virologist whose group developed the first corona test, told german media today that up to 25% ( 20-25% goes for people over eighty, but letality is still 7-8% for people over 70, 3% for 60-70 and up to 1.5% for people over 50) of infected patients in those groups might die, so those should really avoid going out into larger groups right now.

Last edited:
I was about to write a response to the original post saying this isn't very presidential. But I stopped mid-typing. Because yeah, what we have now is not very presidential. And unfortunately, I think the standard across the board has now been lowered.

I, myself, would like to see our persons in power positions act with a bit of restraint.

Biden said it to the man’s face. He didn’t tweet it. I don’t love it, but it’s not the end of the world either.

123_1.jpeg

Meanwhile my father continues to give me glimpses into Republican Propaganda. She just shared this with me me on facebook.

View attachment 35938

Meanwhile my father continues to give me glimpses into Republican Propaganda. She just shared this with me me on facebook.

I know he’s your father and all and I don’t really know what your relationship is like, but if this stuff bothers you maybe you should set some boundaries. This would bother me if it were my father.

Last edited:
Only 55% of the vote for Michigan has been reported at this time. But Joe Biden is crushing it.

I suppose there is still the possibility of an upset, but it's not looking good at all for Bernie :cry:

I know he’s your gather and all and I don’t really know what your relationship is like, but if this stuff bothers you maybe you should set some boundaries. This would bother me if it were my father.

Oh, I have set boundaries. He keeps sending stuff like that. Mostly by text. Short of blocking his number there is nothing I can do.

Back