Political Discussion

Why Pete?
I am voting for Bernie but I get Pete’s appeal, he is super intelligent and pragmatic and almost half the age of the other moderates still (until recently) running. For me, I think the moderate wing would have been better served consolidating around a younger voice (Pete or Cory Booker) but that is not how the establishment wing of the Democratic Party typically works, usually you have to wait your turn (though the two most recent winning examples the younger upstarts beat out the establishment rivals).

Yeah I'd be surprised if Bernie chose the woman who prosecuted poor parents of kids who were skipping school to be his running mate.

I guess you're not quoting me but responding to my post. That's fine I guess.
My missing the "long-term" comment was not intentional and my points about privilege I stand by.
Dislike me if you want.

I wouldn't put anything past anybody when running for office. Bernie may have integrity but he also isn't stupid and while I agree that it's unlikely and would be a bad look is he really going to alienate his base with a Harris VP pick? or are the gains maybe worth the losses? I don't think it's such a crazy thought

My missing the "long-term" comment was not intentional and my points about privilege I stand by.
Dislike me if you want.

I wouldn't put anything passed anybody when running for office. Bernie may have integrity but he also isn't stupid and while I agree that it's unlikely and would be a bad look is he really going to alienate his base with a Harris VP pick? or are the gains maybe worth the losses? I don't think it's such a crazy thought

Regardless, he has to go moderate for VP. If he goes AOC, then we might as well prepare for four more years of Trump. Might have it anyway but I don't think AOC is the answer.

I don't know, I usually have this thread on ignore for the sake of my mental health.

I know I've had it with the ape that won't be named @jaycee

My experiences with the school system in CA (I've sat in on meetings with the local DA) is that families that are being prosecuted for truancy have been given a significant number of chances and supports to change things around. You would be appalled what is happening in those families. They need help but they continually refuse to take it. At some point they have to enforce the law.

Dislike me if you want.
I don't dislike you. I'm sure it wasn't intentional; I'm just ready to move on from that. That's all.

I know I've had it with the ape that won't be named @jaycee

My experiences with the school system in CA (I've sat in on meetings with the local DA) is that families that are being prosecuted for truancy have been given a significant number of chances and supports to change things around. You would be appalled what is happening in those families. They need help but they continually refuse to take it. At some point they have to enforce the law.

What did I do to offend you?

Regardless, he has to go moderate for VP. If he goes AOC, then we might as well prepare for four more years of Trump. Might have it anyway but I don't think AOC is the answer.

It seems unlikely that AOC is part of the conversation. Rashida Tlaib maybe but still doubtful. I don't know if the Sanders campaign has any intention of going moderate for VP. It hasn't really been their style so far and while I would I think the straightforward move is a more moderate person but who knows? I would personally be happy with Stacy Abrams, but I'm definitely not representative of most voters

Nothing, I was just making a joke about the previous discussions here today.

OK good- just checking. pheww.

Here is more on that man in Florida who got that $3200 bill for a Coronavirus test.

The topic is more about why this shows we need medicare for all and how are system is broken.

The fear is, people will not get tested or seek treatment because of bills like these. And how that only helps the spread of a pandemic.

On the other hand, a pandemic might also be what we need for our system to fail and change to be initiated.

You are sadly probably right.

Shared that article with a few people via iMessage. The answers I got from people who are Republican like my father and part of the baby boomer generation are just crazy talk.

This is what my father has to say about it:

CNN is nothing but corrupt fake news. There is going to be RICO indictments against many of them soon.

Someone else said.
Well, I don't know about you, but I don't want my tax money to be spent on providing healthcare to someone else for the Coronavirus, no way. I'm just gonna stay in my house and lock my doors and bunker in.

Shared that article with a few people via iMessage. The answers I got from people who are Republican like my father and part of the baby boomer generation are just crazy talk.

This is what my father has to say about it:

Someone else said.

Don't respond and don't share information with these people again. They are set in their ways and will always feel this way.

Whoever Bernie or Biden pick as VP, it needs to be someone interesting that excites a base in some form or fashion, whether that be the minority vote or the progressive vote or otherwise. Nobody gave a shit about Tim Kaine. Dude's a wet napkin.

Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Julian Castro, Nina Turner or Stacey Abrams would be good for either of them honestly.

Back