Pokémon Go

Besides the benefit of being able to more easily play from home, the increased radius made it easier to take out a gym while out walking the dog; you could do it while strolling two blocks, rather than having to stand around on the spot while fido got impatient.

Yeah. When out walking if the stop or gym is on the other side of the street, I can't reach it now without crossing the street.

To make matters worse, the two closest stops I can no longer reach from the sidewalk and have to go onto the neighboring apartment complex property to walk to their playground or basketball court to spin the stops.

Through the 16th Niantic made a change, where you don't have to walk an eevee to evolve it, just have it your buddy at a certain time of the day. This also introduced a bug where if you are walking an eevee, you will not earn any walking distance whatsoever. Niantic says they are aware of the issue and will not be fixing it as the event ends on the 16th.

I was wondering why I had zero km waked this week, and I couldn't figure out why or how to get it to start counting. There goes my weekly rewards and some hatched eggs, thank you Niantic.

I’m team gold and my girlfriend is team silver. But we’re also supposed to be packing and such for an upcoming move. And we’ll be attending a friend’s celebration of life party for her recently deceased mother.

Gen7 / Pokemon Sun & Moon is arriving in Pokemon Go. Best guess is in March. Could be as soon as Tuesday March 1st.

1645982764572.jpeg

Alolan Exeggutor started spawning in the while at high rates this morning. It's important to note the Alolan Exeggutor first appeared in Pokemon Go as a surprise event. Network data shows they will continue to spawn from now through March 1st.

Network data also shows all pokemon first introduced in Pokemon Sun & Moon now exist in the data. Through their movesets are lacking indicating that we likely will not see many of them for at least a few months. But that's normal for Pokemon Go. They usually just drop the starters and sometimes a couple randoms at first and slowly introduce new pokemon through the next year or so from a new gen.

Today is a Community Classic Day in Pokemon Go featuring Dratini.

Maybe I will finally get my first shiny and complete the pokemon type platinum badges. Today I have a very good shot at it. Only need to catch 400 Dratini to complete the dragon type platinum status.

Niantic isn't listening too what players of Pokemon Go want, and instead is sticking to their idea of what the game should be. And that is requiring people to be active and visit locations to play the game. This is especially true with events.

While the last 2 years have seen us able to play Go Tour and Go Fest from home / our home town, we are back to it being held in specific locations. Go Tour will be in Los Vegas this February. And the event ticket requires to to be in Los Vegas to play. Go Fest's locations has not been announced yet, but is also expected to return to the format of in person players only.

Players are not happy about this, as many can't travel to events to be able to get event pokemon and badges.

Niantic isn't listening too what players of Pokemon Go want, and instead is sticking to their idea of what the game should be. And that is requiring people to be active and visit locations to play the game. This is especially true with events.

While the last 2 years have seen us able to play Go Tour and Go Fest from home / our home town, we are back to it being held in specific locations. Go Tour will be in Los Vegas this February. And the event ticket requires to to be in Los Vegas to play. Go Fest's locations has not been announced yet, but is also expected to return to the format of in person players only.

Players are not happy about this, as many can't travel to events to be able to get event pokemon and badges.

But that is the whole point of location only events right? Being able to get special Pokemon and badges and whatnot. I get that the past ones were like that due to COVID but now that that's pretty much relaxed it makes sense that it would be back to the original format.

But that is the whole point of location only events right? Being able to get special Pokemon and badges and whatnot. I get that the past ones were like that due to COVID but now that that's pretty much relaxed it makes sense that it would be back to the original format.
I don't mind the location specific events, I guess because I would consider them sort of universally inaccessible? But I do think they should keep a lot of their COVID mitigations of increased distances, etc because it definitely makes the basic game more accessible to more people on a regular basis

Back