Phono Cartridges - Your favorites and least favorites?

I’m curious about how it compares to the Hana once it has 10-12 hours on it. Break in makes a huge difference.
I'll definitely report back. After my post last night, all I wanted to do was feed it my best sounding, most sound saturated albums. It's got audiophile, high end sound, yet incredibly fun and immersive.

Ain’t that the truth…I think I am good on mounting stuff but just incase..what was the consensus to buy as an add-on?
If you need the hardware, it doesn't come with mounting screws.

I'll definitely report back. After my post last night, all I wanted to do was feed it my best sounding, most sound saturated albums. It's got audiophile, high end sound, yet incredibly fun and immersive.
I haven't gotten to the "audiophile" stuff yet, I usually wait until I get passed the 20 hour mark. That said, this cart is just making me giddy with each album I toss on the platter, lol

Keep in mind that the eventual retip/rebuild on these is going to cost you more than the cartridge itself. It’s still a killer bargain, but something to consider about the Otello is that the rebuilds are like $100.

Keep in mind that the eventual retip/rebuild on these is going to cost you more than the cartridge itself. It’s still a killer bargain, but something to consider about the Otello is that the rebuilds are like $100.
Agreed, but the $100 investment, even if temporary or for the life of the cart, is hard to sneeze at, more so now that I'm hearing it. That said, this is why the Otello isn't going anywhere and I bought 2 SAE's, small investment "at the moment" ;)

Correct, which is why I bought 2. I’ve never heard a cartridge sound as good for the price of what a rebuild will cost.

@HiFi Guy what do think of Caig contact products such as Pro Gold and Deoxit? I’ve found them to be quite effective.

@HiFi Guy what do think of Caig contact products such as Pro Gold and Deoxit? I’ve found them to be quite effective.
I agree when it comes to switches and volume controls. It actually never crossed my mind to try it on a cartridge. Just be careful it doesn’t get inside the cartridge body. I’m not going to push my luck.

I agree when it comes to switches and volume controls. It actually never crossed my mind to try it on a cartridge. Just be careful it doesn’t get inside the cartridge body. I’m not going to push my luck.
Agreed. Same as trying to prevent stylus cleaner solution from migrating up the cantilever into the body.

0FCFBB43-0F4F-45AB-A78D-AFE7BE909C40.jpeg
Just a little bit of off the cuff love for the AT VM95 series from Mat and Harry Weisfeld of VPI. Keep in mind of course, they do have a deal with AT as far as I’m aware, but the point is I feel like these 95’s continue to impress at their price point.

Ok, back now to SAE talk. I may just grab one this week!

Quick question for @HiFi Guy since I was tracking down the SAE cartridge weight. Says it's 4.7 grams? My old U-Turn Orbit says it can run up to 6 grams. Not that this would be permanent but I may burn both in to make sure there aren't any issues.

Back