Phono Cartridges - Your favorites and least favorites?

£2000! 👀

It better be good!

That’s totally going to attract, and show, every bit of dust on the earth!

My current dilemma, hoping to come to some sort of conclusion by years end. And let me say, I have no qualms with the Opus3 at the moment.

Opus3 Stereo/Mono tandem
Soundsmith Otello Stereo/Mono tandem
Hana SL Stereo/Mono tandem.

I've heard all but the Otello, and of course we're covering quite a bit of ground on the price/re-tipping (Soundsmith the clear winner in the re-tipping dept.)

My current dilemma, hoping to come to some sort of conclusion by years end. And let me say, I have no qualms with the Opus3 at the moment.

Opus3 Stereo/Mono tandem

I've heard all but the Otello, and of course we're covering quite a bit of ground on the price/re-tipping (Soundsmith the clear winner in the re-tipping dept.)
Wanna borrow my Zephyr when retipping is complete? 😇

Opus3 Stereo/Mono tandem

I loved the opus every minute it was on my table but after almost a year with the Hana I don’t think I’d be able to go back to it now…

Wanna borrow my Zephyr when retipping is complete? 😇
Do you have the high output or low output version? It is getting to be time for me to replace my stylus and I like what I've heard of the Soundsmith - and the retipping costs are nice.

Do you have the high output or low output version? It is getting to be time for me to replace my stylus and I like what I've heard of the Soundsmith - and the retipping costs are nice.
I've got the Zephyr MIMC Star ES, actually, not a standard Zephyr. Sorry for any confusion.

I'm very fond of it. The MasterTracker has been doing admirably in its stead, but I'll be glad to have it back.

I've got the Zephyr MIMC Star ES, actually, not a standard Zephyr. Sorry for any confusion.

I'm very fond of it. The MasterTracker has been doing admirably in its stead, but I'll be glad to have it back.
From what I can see, the Zephyr MIMC Star ES does come in both low and high output.

Alright, was able to cash in on a little discount, I'm hoping the run with this will at least finalize my direction. Not knowing where this might fall was hard to pass on, it's not super expensive, the long term cost is unbeatable and from what I've been told by reps, it's a better sounding Grado. Meaning it keeps it's warmth, but amps up the rest of the sound, dynamics and timber.

Should be here Tuesday, looking forward to it. Hoping to hammer down an end game cart tandem by mid 2023.
1662680413398.png

Alright, was able to cash in on a little discount, I'm hoping the run with this will at least finalize my direction. Not knowing where this might fall was hard to pass on, it's not super expensive, the long term cost is unbeatable and from what I've been told by reps, it's a better sounding Grado. Meaning it keeps it's warmth, but amps up the rest of the sound, dynamics and timber.

Should be here Tuesday, looking forward to it. Hoping to hammer down an end game cart tandem by mid 2023.
View attachment 150869
Interested to hear your thoughts!

Back