Phish

Funny how the critic has meant this very apt description as a slight while I think that sounds amazing and right up my alley.
yeah that was my reaction the first time i heard rift. "oh, they're dorks like me, this is great"

like 100% those dudes have opinions about which edition of D&D is the best*

* the correct answer is "not 5e"

If only it came with a CD player.

Here’s a working link for the uninitiated….
I hear ya!

I recently bought a used Oppo universal disc player. I enjoy throwing on CDs/SACDs/BR audio when I don't want to flip records (primarily when cooking/eating meals). I will say, since everybody is streaming nowadays, CDs are dirt cheap. I just bought 20 jazz CDs for about $1 a piece. Miles, Coltrane, Monk, Sonny Rollins, etc.

And this Phish boxset...for $30 you get two full shows from 97 (the funk era) that will be well-mastered by Fred Kevorkian. Sounds like a deal to me, or maybe I am just used to dropping $40 on a single record.

I hear ya!

I recently bought a used Oppo universal disc player. I enjoy throwing on CDs/SACDs/BR audio when I don't want to flip records (primarily when cooking/eating meals). I will say, since everybody is streaming nowadays, CDs are dirt cheap. I just bought 20 jazz CDs for about $1 a piece. Miles, Coltrane, Monk, Sonny Rollins, etc.

And this Phish boxset...for $30 you get two full shows from 97 (the funk era) that will be well-mastered by Fred Kevorkian. Sounds like a deal to me, or maybe I am just used to dropping $40 on a single record.
I love having a CD player in my system now. I got it last year. I still have such a big collection from the BMG years (just in CD binders so not too big a pain to move over the years) and it's great to listen to them outside of my car.

yeah, it's a no brainer imo. and maybe it's just me, but i feel like new release cds aren't as commonly available after a few years down the road since they aren't mass produced like they used to be. so if i've wanted a cd for whatever reason i've bought it.

Actually getting pretty hyped up for this 97 Spectrum release.

I mean, this is about as funky as James Brown's worst night. ;)

I think phish has had plenty of funky moments/songs/jams. But I also think phish (and most other jam band) “funk” isn’t quite the same as funk Funk. (If that makes any sense to you; it does to me)

If I want to hear real funk, I don’t play Phish. I’ll go with James Brown, Sly, Parliament, JB Horns, and many other OG purveyors.

I think phish has had plenty of funky moments/songs/jams. But I also think phish (and most other jam band) “funk” isn’t quite the same as funk Funk. (If that makes any sense to you; it does to me)

If I want to hear real funk, I don’t play Phish. I’ll go with James Brown, Sly, Parliament, JB Horns, and many other OG purveyors.
Yeah, that James Brown comment was something Trey said jokingly about the band. May have been on the Bittersweet Motel DVD.

That Ghost is definitely funky. Mike is slapping da bass.

It’s distinctively different - hence the Cow Phunk. It’s white people funk.

I will say, one of my favorite funk moments is the 7/21/97 Gin, where Fishman is hootin and hollering like JB.

Back