Philadelphia

blissfullychaotic

Form is my favorite in the city but unfortunately they only open on Thursdays, but they might announce an opening this weekend on their IG.

Spring Garden St has all of Yards, Love City, Roy Pitz, and a new opening in Triple Bottom all right next to each other. Roy Pitz being the most sour focused of those. Monks is one of the best beer bars in the country. There's usually Pliny on tap a few places if you haven't crossed that off your list yet.
I've yet to experience a Pliny, so I would love to cross that off the list! Will certainly make a stop at Roy and Yards is right next to me so I'm sure I'll be stopping there!

Thanks for the good recs!!

sahomerrocks

I’m running my first record & stuff show in July. About 30-40 dealer tables. Some still available to vend.

A great live DJ pal will spin soul & other cool 45s. Live improv keyboard/guitar by another friend. I might spin a set, too.
View attachment 101960
I'm in the city proper now but I went to school in the Lehigh Valley so I'll try to make this. I'm craving some Yocco's!

djdavedk

Vinyl Nation playing at SouthSide Film Festival in Bethlehem, PA 6/20

SSFF 2021 Closing Night Film!
SATURDAY, June 19, 2021, 7:20 to 9pm, ONE SCREENING ONLY!
VENUE: Charter Arts | 321 E. Third St.

Vinyl Nation | Documentary Feature | Single showing Directors: Kevin Smokler, Christopher Boone • 2020 | USA | 92m A deep dig into the crates of the vinyl record resurgence to discover what an old technology says about our relationship to music and each other in a divided time in America.

Last edited:

djdavedk

My old buddy Jon Valania passed suddenly on Saturday, 9/11. He was 55. Some of you might know him from his writing in Magnet, or other publications, or his blog/website Phawker, or possibly even as the lead singer & songwriter in The Psyclone Rangers (Allentown & Philadelphia based garage rock band). We hadn't spoken in a while, but we were always on good terms. I got thanked (among dozens of others) on their first CD).

Here's a piece he wrote about Wilco.

Obit in the Philly Inquirer:

Ironic early song called Why The Hell Did I Die?

888E5648-BC16-43AB-9B20-025FAB937DBA.jpeg

4BD21864-6C4D-4F6E-956E-D7C72E6266CA.jpeg043D54DD-E0DD-461E-BB4B-F44AA4BCF68A.jpeg

Last edited: