Online Vinyl Deals

Sahel Sounds vinyl bundle - all 3 titles for $36 + shipping

Les Filles de Illighadad 'At Pioneer Works' LP
Mamman Sani 'Taaritt' LP
Etran de L'Aïr 'Agadez' LP

I haven't listened to the Mamman Sani but the other two are fantastic!

Wasn't aware of that! Good to know. Thanks.
Great album selection, dont get me wrong. But, cheap, thin jackets. Generic white paper inner sleeves. Scuffed up and noisy vinyl pressings with ok mastering. Maybe my standards are too high from the Tone Poet and Acoustic Sounds series, even Blue Note Classics is waaaaaay better than the VBR. Anyways, I found it to be a disappointing series, from the few I've purchased.

Great album selection, dont get me wrong. But, cheap, thin jackets. Generic white paper inner sleeves. Scuffed up and noisy vinyl pressings with ok mastering. Maybe my standards are too high from the Tone Poet and Acoustic Sounds series, even Blue Note Classics is waaaaaay better than the VBR. Anyways, I found it to be a disappointing series, from the few I've purchased.
This is spot on across the board. I have two of them, both titles I really wanted. I'm not wowed at all. Haven't A/B'd from digital, but it is definitely not night and day.

any opinions on the sound quality of AC - Ptah, The El Daoud, VBR series presssing?

Not gonna blow your mind wide open, but to me it sounded better than my boot, which I passed along to a friend

That said, IIRC there was someone on here who preferred the boot, so YMMV.

I have a very simple basic setup and am happy to have the titles I do have from the VBR series (about a half dozen now I think - a couple I grabbed on discount) rather than spend money I don't have on OG pressings. They're fine enough for me, but nicer setups likely turn up more flaws.

The jackets are obnoxiously flimsy though for sure. And the inners are awful.

Back