Online Vinyl Deals

Hopefully, everyone has the Replacements' Tim remix box by now. Amazon seems to be blowing it out at $62 and change. Someone on Hoffman said that Rhino informed them that they have no plans to repress. In the words of our Beloved Chad.....
The thing that holds me back on these is the 1LP+ many CDs format. My hope is that they’ll end up doing some single LP presses at some point.

Hopefully, everyone has the Replacements' Tim remix box by now. Amazon seems to be blowing it out at $62 and change. Someone on Hoffman said that Rhino informed them that they have no plans to repress. In the words of our Beloved Chad.....
they say that all the time. they said there were no plans to repress Stop Making Sense and that has a repress already (with different cover).

i wouldn't be surprised to see Tim remix be a 1LP rocktober/SYEOR title sometime soon.

they say that all the time. they said there were no plans to repress Stop Making Sense and that has a repress already (with different cover).

i wouldn't be surprised to see Tim remix be a 1LP rocktober/SYEOR title sometime soon.
Perhaps, but like I said above with Dead Man's Pop, no single LP yet and it's been 4 1/2 years for that one.

Stop Making Sense
Is this what you are referring to? If so, I'm not going to pick nits but this is not a Rhino repress (which is what I mentioned above from Hoffman):

Was wanting to grab this, but was hoping to see it in the $40 or less range for 1LP. Thanks for the heads up!

Is this what you are referring to? If so, I'm not going to pick nits but this is not a Rhino repress (which is what I mentioned above from Hoffman):

it's the same album and likely same plates with just a different album cover. it's not like rhino didn't know this was coming out as A24 had to license it from them.

and sure--some albums won't get broken out. the box of dead man's pop is still in stock and in print though. Tim, like you said, seems to be sold out at most places. I just can't justify paying $65 for the LP of this one. i will never listen to the CDs more than once.

it's the same album and likely same plates with just a different album cover. it's not like rhino didn't know this was coming out as A24 had to license it from them.

and sure--some albums won't get broken out. the box of dead man's pop is still in stock and in print though. Tim, like you said, seems to be sold out at most places. I just can't justify paying $65 for the LP of this one. i will never listen to the CDs more than once.
I'll be annoyed if it really is the soundtrack ie it includes the bits of dialogue - "I've got a tape I want to play", "Does anybody have any questions?" - that the recent release annoyingly left off. They're part of the charm. Also the tape supposedly sticking during Psycho Killer.

If you like Tim, the box is definitely worth it. I don't regret my purchase at all.

@Holdsworthian someone else posted the direct link to what the guy at Rhino said about the Tim box over at hoffman:

"The box will not be repressed" is what he said. so yea--if you want this box and the extra CDs, now's your chance. he was asked multiple times about if it would be broken out and he never really responded to that. so not sure if he just doesn't know yet or is just trying to stoke FOMO a bit.

41ONhmnwqiL._SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

12.61 with 20% off Coupon as well.

Back