Online Vinyl Deals

I forgot the name of the other place (the one where they sold crummy mystery boxes for like $6 bucks a pop and a bunch of people never got the ones they had ordered) but I bet they are happy that Oldies came along to redirect the collective ire of this thread.
crateism. besides us nuttos, completely different customer base. Not sure how much it diverted from them...

If we are doing updates... I finally got word back from LITA about the warped record and since they couldn't hear any audio problems I guess I'm stuck with the record. The record sounds fine but I don't like watching my stylus travel a 1/4 inch vertically when I'm playing it. I know other people had issues with warps from the last LITA sale (also in another forum) so I guess buyer beware of their sales. Sucks because they have always done right by me in the past.

If we are doing updates... I finally got word back from LITA about the warped record and since they couldn't hear any audio problems I guess I'm stuck with the record. The record sounds fine but I don't like watching my stylus travel a 1/4 inch vertically when I'm playing it. I know other people had issues with warps from the last LITA sale (also in another forum) so I guess buyer beware of their sales. Sucks because they have always done right by me in the past.
Yeah they asked for thirty second videos and I wasn’t prepared to go through all that work just for them to tell me to piss off. I’ve worked in customer service long enough to read between the lines on things like that.

Yeah they asked for thirty second videos and I wasn’t prepared to go through all that work just for them to tell me to piss off. I’ve worked in customer service long enough to read between the lines on things like that.
I think it just depends. VMP asks for videos or audio of sound issues then sends a replacement. But yea LITA CS has gone down hill

How's everyones experience with sov customer service. I've been trying to get something replaced for the past month but they've been giving me the run around. They're sending me emails saying they're slammed and that my order will eventually come. But I have my order, i want it to be replaced! It was 10 though so I'm not losing sleep but I still want that record.

Oldies .. they shipped me one order and the other partial. still hasn't shipped me two things or refunded me but one item in the order that I had an issue on they replaced so at least their cs has been responsive.

Last edited:
I think it just depends. VMP asks for videos or audio of sound issues then sends a replacement. But yea LITA CS has gone down hill

Yeah but it just felt like a lot of work to record thirty second samples of eight records to get my money back. I just decided to toss any that I'm not 100% satisfied with into the PIF thread first and if they don't get claimed there, I'll try to sell them on the cheap on discogs, and if they don't sell there they'll go to my local shop.

How's everyones experience with sov customer service. I've been trying to get something replaced for the past month but they've been giving me the run around. They're sending me emails saying they're slammed and that my order will eventually come. But I have my order, i want it to be replaced! It was 10 though so I'm not losing sleep but I still want that record.

Oldies .. they shipped me one order and the other partial. still hasn't shipped me two things or refunded me but one item in the order that I had an issue on they replaced so at least their cs has been responsive.
SOV’s Customer Sevice sucks but if you are diligent, patient, and persistent they will usually take care of you. I have had to reach out a few times and after getting the run around over multiple emails I eventually got escalated to the second level of customer support and they took care of me perfectly but it took probably 4 or 5 emails back and forth over a month before it got to that point. I was even told they couldn’t help me a couple times first.

Grateful Dead Two from the Vault and Three from the Vault are on sale by import_cds on ebay.

If purchased together, the total is ~$92 plus tax for two 4xLP Grateful Dead boxsets. 8 LPs, which I believe are pressed at RTI and cut by Kevin Gray.

Grateful Dead Two from the Vault and Three from the Vault are on sale by import_cds on ebay.

If purchased together, the total is ~$92 plus tax for two 4xLP Grateful Dead boxsets. 8 LPs, which I believe are pressed at RTI and cut by Kevin Gray.

Great deal, which has been on offer for a few weeks now (maybe even longer). I recently bought Two From The Vault and added on Joshua Abrams' Cloud Script (w/Jeff Parker on guitar) for $61.97 combined.

Looks like a pretty cool "supergroup" record.

Amazon product ASIN B0BXKTZ4DL

That sucks they won't replace warps, this reminds me of the response I got from MOFI years ago where they were basically like "we can't control what happens in the vinyl manufacturing process so you are SOL".

I haven't opened all of my LITA bundle yet but so far its 50/50 -- 2 have warps, 2 have no issues. It was at least nice to find the Pacific Breeze Vol3 they included was the color vinyl.

On Oldies: I did get a shipping notice with an arrival next week. I don’t have high expectations on what mix arrives… or in what condition… but also, yay.

(Though my January box from VMP is 10 records, 4-6?arriving from other purchases, and well, um a new cart….so everyone hold a good thought that somehow

For once

Could I just get

The mail, first, please!)

The VMP was my free records! Oldies was almost free! The otters were a really good deal!

The cart, oh, that’s nothing — it’s just blue.

(Anybody got a couch?)

Back