Online Vinyl Deals

You are a good dude just not used to seeing your feathers get so ruffled over this sort of thing.

I'm used to it.

For my own self preservation, I put him on ignore after this bullshit began a little while back, so I can only speculate about the full comment based on the responses to it, but this whole thing is obviously ridiculous, if the claims are what they seem to be, I wouldn't even exert the energy. Your comments are considerate and clearly in good faith, as usual, but I doubt I'd be able to say the same about what you're responding to.

Here's what I know. As someone who thinks everything is racist, joking about this terrible customer service and these bananas fucking IG posts does not qualify. In fact, we paid for the right to criticize the process, at minimum, if we're not getting the actual product.

You're completely spot on with the VMP analogy, too. Their fallback was that they were a small company up until they took down the forum, and too many members were actually parroting that with the hopes of getting in their good graces. This situation now is only weirder, since this forum isn't connected to Crateism. It's completely reasonable to speculate about the motivation behind anyone working so hard to discredit and invalidate the feelings of their fellow community members to the benefit of the company that is taking advantage of them. That's picket line scab mentality.

Based on the earlier caping done in here and unprovoked rants, I don't even believe that the person making accusations believes it's racist anymore than Crateism believes they are doing.a reasonable job right now. It's deflection and reaching. The level of irony here for the person that's made so many weird passive aggressive comments and lobbied unprovoked jabs to be crying victim is astounding. If you scroll back and go through the comment history in this thread alone, you'll find criticism for everything including calling those of us trying to get Sound Of Vinyl deals cheap and foolish.

Things are pretty cut and dry with me just like they were with VMP. If you're defending a company over the individuals who they are taking advantage of, then it's an issue of classism. If you have already criticized those same people for trying to bundle and save money, because it's somehow embarrassing and tacky, there's already an established pattern for that behavior and line of thinking here.

Last edited:
Screenshot_2023-07-24-17-24-42-77_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

great box set. saw this link from @yukbon

great box set. saw this link from @yukbon

that elusivedisc sale has some nice ones in there. de la soul obviously, but also scott walker's tilt, sun ra, terry callier, mars volta, some nice reggae MOV albums (ethiopians), lovecraft sextet

I know, nothing worth it. Good days of Mr Bongo great prices are gone.
you know, I'd been looking at some tropicalia that i've had on the back burner of my "to-get-someday" for a while and i came across them on plaidroom, but they were just a bit cheaper on bongo. Not much, but you know, like 10 bucks or something. looking at the sale, the vinyl i wanted it sold out but the CD is there, and fuck it, i figured -- I still listen to CDs, why not?.

shipping starts at $27, that's why the fuck not. fuck that nonsense.

you know, I'd been looking at some tropicalia that i've had on the back burner of my "to-get-someday" for a while and i came across them on plaidroom, but they were just a bit cheaper on bongo. Not much, but you know, like 10 bucks or something. looking at the sale, the vinyl i wanted it sold out but the CD is there, and fuck it, i figured -- I still listen to CDs, why not?.

shipping starts at $27, that's why the fuck not. fuck that nonsense.
it ships from the UK that's why. they have a US shop as well with cheaper shipping but don't think they have a sale.

Back