Online Vinyl Deals

Black owned? Where the hell did that Adele record they sent me come from? 😁 I'll get over it.
Sit down young friend, and let me tell you about one of the greatest heists ever pulled off. First, we must go back to 1872, where German chemist Eugen Baumann discovered the compound polyvinyl chloride, which would later be used in the mass production of the vinyl record.

The polymer appeared as a white solid inside a flask of vinyl chloride that had been left on a shelf sheltered from sunlight for four weeks. In the early 20th century, the Russian chemist Ivan Ostromislensky and Fritz Klatte of the German chemical company Griesheim-Elektron both attempted to use PVC in commercial products, but difficulties in processing the rigid, sometimes brittle polymer thwarted their efforts. Waldo Semon and the B.F. Goodrich Company developed a method in 1926 to plasticize PVC by blending it with various additives, including the use of dibutyl phthalate by 1933.

Fast forward 90 years and British chemist Adele found out how to litter the world with her compound, simply titled “30”. Some say that today, the average landfill contains 490 thousand copies of 30. With another million+ found on the ocean floor. Rumor has it that rooms in the sunken Titanic have copies nailed to its walls. Anyways, just a fun fact for you.

I also had no idea it was a hip hop/RNB based record store. I've never followed anything they've ever posted on any social and the records I've seen posted here are not exclusively in those categories.

I don't know if me saying any of this will make a difference to you, but it is upsetting to be accused of what you're insinuating. As a white man I get that that's on me, because I don't have to think about my race on a daily basis in this country. But I also never saw anything that would have indicated that the store was Black owned or that they made that part of the store's identity.

Most everything I've seen about them here and on Reddit has just been asking how they can make money selling at this cost and complaining about it being slow or never shipping. And as I said many pages ago, that's an issue we talk about with any seller. I honestly have no idea what race any record store owner I buy from is, other than my local.

It's obviously up to you what you want to think of me, but I hope that my years of comments on here have shown that I'm not the person you're insinuating here. We've even talked to each other on here in private messages over the years, so I'd like to think you know me a little. But if you don't believe me, then please do feel free to block me and I'll wish you well.

No, you're not a bad dude and I don't make presumptions about you based on that. All I was really saying there was that a joke about a Hip Hop/RNB record club selling boosted records is maybe a bad look. It turns out apparently no one here has realized that this is a music front focused on black music, I digress. But you know, you made a joke, you didn't know and I just made it worse. Sorry man.

But while I'm here, and before Dead C wakes up and is more of an asshole about this- let me just clear the air once and for all about my thing with Crateism. Believe me that it's the last thing I'm ever going to say about them.
I found them about two years ago, they were doing a pretty kickass ROTM club with good hip hop albums. They had good deals, slow shipping, could-be-better emails, but at the end of the day I got my stuff. I posted deals when I saw them.

I don't work for them, don't know them. I don't consider myself invested or hyper-sensitive about it- but yeah I will say that I really want anything I post about or endorse to be on the level and so I may jump in and provide more of my perspective on it (esp the dead zone known as the LA USPS) and that gets me labeled a stan.

I don't know how they make money. I don't know how Bandbox is selling me newly pressed exclusives for about $12 a pop and how they sold me Adrienne Lenker and St. Paul records for $2 shipped. Maybe they don't make money. Maybe none of them will be around in 2 years. I hope they are. I ordered a 10 pack from Castle Face and I haven't heard anything from them in about a week.

Part of my general grumpiness about all of this is likely due to this coming on the heels of the SOV affair, and the absolutely neurotic obsession with USPS tracking, status updates, refunds, and all of that. I feel like it's just been a bit of sensory overload and it bleeds into other threads, and not just on this site.

Anyway, that's me on this. I'm not replying to anything else Crateism. Sorry I was square about it. I hope you all get your records, if they don't come fast enough go get your money back. I don't fucking care

By the way if you guys are worried about making great deals buying records (or even receiving them for free). I can help you spending more. I have a couple warped records for you if you want some, all shipped from France so it includes crazy high shipping costs and custom fees. Of course I combine multiple orders to save a few dollars.

You're welcome.

By the way if you guys are worried about making great deals buying records (or even receiving them for free). I can help you spending more. I have a couple warped records for you if you want some, all shipped from France so it includes crazy high shipping costs and custom fees. Of course I combine multiple orders to save a few dollars.

You're welcome.
Tell me more

I mean was this a joke? Because the vibe around this company and this thread has been off since the sale was even posted- and if you follow anything about Crateism, being black owned is a huge part of their identity
You sound like a VMP stan when people shit on VMP for subpar service. It’s okay for people to make jokes about and be upset by poor customer service. It feels like you are usually just as cynical as the rest of us about this sort of thing so it genuinely seems like you have some sort of connection to the company to be taking this all so personally.

Edit: I wrote this after seeing you go hard at @Hemotep but before reading your mea culpa/explanation.

You are a good dude just not used to seeing your feathers get so ruffled over this sort of thing.

Last edited:
I’m pretty curious just what I end up getting from Crateism. Had low expectations from price alone but I’m happy to PIF or give some stuff to friends if it’s not my cup of tea. The stuff @TheThinWhiteDuke got seems like a pretty cool mix
I'd even have been happy with what @EarWax got. It was a good variety and my local/niece would have taken what I didn't want.

Back