Online Vinyl Deals

View attachment 178387
Saw this on Crateism Instagram today.

I just read the entire post which is like 4-5 of these little deflecting messages. I especially loved the one where they explained to everyone they are just a tiny operation and need time to fulfill the orders! It's def. not there fault as a "tiny operation" they ran another sale right after being bombarded by orders they hadn't even started on yet. As a tiny operation they have to make money and will NOT take any weirdo's bullshit!

On the bright side if you're planning on moving in the next few months they will totes honor any changed addresses. They got you covered!

Oh and fuck the weirdos, they'll refund your weird fucking money you stupid little weirdos!

Just recapping for the weirdo's that don't want to check insta :D

I just read the entire post which is like 4-5 of these little deflecting messages. I especially loved the one where they explained to everyone they are just a tiny operation and need time to fulfill the orders! It's def. not there fault as a "tiny operation" they ran another sale right after being bombarded by orders they hadn't even started on yet. As a tiny operation they have to make money and will NOT take any weirdo's bullshit!

On the bright side if you're planning on moving in the next few months they will totes honor any changed addresses. They got you covered!

Oh and fuck the weirdos, they'll refund your weird fucking money you stupid little weirdos!

It's a little operation and it takes time to shoplift all those records. You have to spread it out at different Walmarts because there's not enough stock at just one, and James can't fit as many under his shirt since he got fat. How else can we make money and sell them for $3.50 each to you fucking weirdos?

First rule of Crateism, is you cannot talk about how Crateism gets it's records. If you do, we'll call you a Qanon conspiracy weirdo and block your mom on Insta.

To be honest I was fine with shipping delays. Just wish they would have sent an email out to people explaining the situation. Two other companies I ordered from recently did just that. When they then took over a week to respond to my email and in the meantime posted another sale, that’s when I got a little annoyed about it. Still no tracking or sign of my order yet. Curious to see what records I got. PleasenoAdele 🤞🤞

It's a little operation and it takes time to shoplift all those records. You have to spread it out at different Walmarts because there's not enough stock at just one, and James can't fit as many under his shirt since he got fat. How else can we make money and sell them for $3.50 each to you fucking weirdos?

First rule of Crateism, is you cannot talk about how Crateism gets it's records. If you do, we'll call you a Qanon conspiracy weirdo and block your mom on Insta.

I mean what the fuck.

If you are seriously going with "black owned record service is selling shoplifted records" , then that really needs to come with a source

I mean what the fuck.

If you are seriously going with "black owned record service is selling shoplifted records" , then that really needs to come with a source
I took hemotep's joke to be that they're slow to source product so they were getting it the slowest way possible. I had no idea they were black owned and did not take the joke to be racial

I took hemotep's joke to be that they're slow to source product so they were getting it the slowest way possible. I had no idea they were black owned and did not take the joke to be racial

I mean was this a joke? Because the vibe around this company and this thread has been off since the sale was even posted- and if you follow anything about Crateism, being black owned is a huge part of their identity

I mean was this a joke? Because the vibe around this company and this thread has been off since the sale was even posted- and if you follow anything about Crateism, being black owned is a huge part of their identity
I think it was very clearly a joke. I mean, "James can't fit as many under his shirt since he got fat"...
We all have been over why the 'vibe' has been off multiple times. Lack of communication, lack of customer support, etc.
In regards to it being a black owned business, I didn't have a clue. I don't follow them. I don't feel a need to. I am going to assume that a number of other people here who purchased mystery boxes in the sale weren't aware of the race of the owner(s) of Crateism either. I don't think there was any malicious racist intent behind it.

. I am going to assume that a number of other people here who purchased mystery boxes in the sale weren't aware of the race of the owner(s) of Crateism either. I don't think there was any malicious racist intent behind it.

I mean it's a hip hop/RNB based record store/club, that prominently post on their socials about being blk owned. Maybe i got up early and missed the joke but this being a blk based music business isn't exactly hard to figure out

I mean it's a hip hop/RNB based record store/club, that prominently post on their socials about being blk owned. Maybe i got up early and missed the joke but this being a blk based music business isn't exactly hard to figure out
You may be in the minority here… I barely know what Crateism is other than the fact that some people here ordered random records from them. Also, not everyone follows businesses on social media (IIRC I only follow my local record store and one brewery). I think @Hemotep landed the joke just fine!

But if we all feel like getting upset this Sunday, there are a couple of interesting pieces on NPR news about a racist Jason Aldean song.

I mean what the fuck.

Woah, first I have no idea who owns it and was just making a joke because of the post above. I thought it was very clearly a satirical post based on what was above and not meant to be any sort of claim about them or what they do. If you think me saying they'll block your mom is me being serious, than I don't know what to say.

But I will apologize anyway because I did not mean to offend you or anyone else. I've never followed them and know nothing about them. They posted about conspiracy theories and I made one up as joke. I definitely do not think they shoplift records or that it would even be possible to do that as a business.

I don't follow them and know nothing about them other than I paid for stuff....a while ago.... and haven't gotten it. If you think that (or any other criticism of them) is attributable to their race, I don't know what to tell you. Nothing in hemotep's post says anything about race to me; I don't think "shoplifting stock" is a automatically about race.

At best I think you're being sensitive about issues you're perceiving.

Last edited:
I think we should all just simmer down a bit. @TheThinWhiteDuke no one is attacking you personally over Crateism and I don’t believe for a second anyone here is anything more than annoyed with their fulfillment issues across the board.

Everyone else should remember that almost all of us have been over invested in a brand or product and can get touchy about it.

I also had no idea it was a hip hop/RNB based record store. I've never followed anything they've ever posted on any social and the records I've seen posted here are not exclusively in those categories.

I don't know if me saying any of this will make a difference to you, but it is upsetting to be accused of what you're insinuating. As a white man I get that that's on me, because I don't have to think about my race on a daily basis in this country. But I also never saw anything that would have indicated that the store was Black owned or that they made that part of the store's identity.

Most everything I've seen about them here and on Reddit has just been asking how they can make money selling at this cost and complaining about it being slow or never shipping. And as I said many pages ago, that's an issue we talk about with any seller. I honestly have no idea what race any record store owner I buy from is, other than my local.

It's obviously up to you what you want to think of me, but I hope that my years of comments on here have shown that I'm not the person you're insinuating here. We've even talked to each other on here in private messages over the years, so I'd like to think you know me a little. But if you don't believe me, then please do feel free to block me and I'll wish you well.

Back