Online Vinyl Deals

I have two Oldies orders in - both safely across the free shipping threshold - and using all my willpower to fight back the urge to ring up a third ...

... Although, they are all there sitting so patiently in my cart. And you never know when this sale is going to close. What to do? šŸ«„
That's me with Millions Of Records...somehow whenever I check out, my cart gets filled with things I want again...

I'm doing my best to resist ā€“ shelf space is limited and I'm trying to be even more intentional about what I buy on vinyl ā€“ but you all make it so damn hard! The only thing I really *need* is the Daniel Rossen, but when shipping costs more than the item you are buying...your only choice is to buy more! Going to hold a bit longer, see if I break...

I'm doing my best to resist ā€“ shelf space is limited and I'm trying to be even more intentional about what I buy on vinyl ā€“ but you all make it so damn hard! The only thing I really *need* is the Daniel Rossen, but when shipping costs more than the item you are buying...your only choice is to buy more! Going to hold a bit longer, see if I break...
I hear you! But then I think, this is the kind of sale that a few months from now Iā€™m going to kick myself for not buying more from.

Hadnā€™t seen that Matthew Sweetā€¦.

I hear you! But then I think, this is the kind of sale that a few months from now Iā€™m going to kick myself for not buying more from.

Hadnā€™t seen that Matthew Sweetā€¦.
I totally get that. I'm sure it's just the phase I'm in at the moment ā€“ mostly, wanting to keep the collection at a reasonable size. As I try to shed some, more often than not they end up being the albums I picked up in previous sales like this one. So, trying to learn from that...but still, tempted!

I heard from a friend that a major wholesaler is blowing out inventory by December 1, Ingraham or Ingram, resellers are snapping them up like mad. Heā€™s doing it too, dropping like 50K. So lots of deals could be from this.
I was gonna say this. Targetā€™s main music distributor is Ingram and Ingram is closing by the end of the year. They sell movies too which is a major reason why they are going under. Nobody buys movies anymore

I was gonna say this. Targetā€™s main music distributor is Ingram and Ingram is closing by the end of the year. They sell movies too which is a major reason why they are going under. Nobody buys movies anymore

Report in Billboard dated September. Since there is a paywall... it does state a couple of interesting points:
  • At the time of the article, it was just the music division that was shuttering
  • Analysts are baffled as to why as revenue seems good.
I didn't see any newer information online (but didn't spend a lot of time searching either).

Edit: It would seem from the following statement on the ingram site that it is the whole business:
Ingram Entertainmentā€™s Senior Management team has made the difficult decision to wind-down its business operations.

Over the next several months IEI will work with customers to create a smooth transition as we continue to provide inventory and assist retailers through this change. We will continue to provide catalog product into the 4th quarter so please check back with Accessingram.com for product updates and further information.

Ingram has been a proud distributor of consumer entertainment products for over 35 years. We thank you for your business and partnership during this time.

Last edited:
Back